Significant Rank Drops w/o losing 20 matches

On my support role my rank keeps getting incorrectly knocked back to silver 5. I will be in mid gold or high silver and without winning 7 games or losing 20 my rank will go down to silver 5. I don’t even know it’s happened until I win my 7th game and then proceed to the rank update screen. My rank will for some reason have dropped to silver 5. Every time it has happened at this screen my rank will go back up to silver 1. I will climb again and the drop back down the silver 5. It has happened at least 3 times. The most recent time was about 30 minutes ago if that helps. Thanks!

I’ve seen on the forum this is happening to multiple people.

3 Likes

There was the 5th diamond, when I won 7 games, then I was written that I was promoted from the 5th platinum to the 1st platinum. This is ridiculous. It just happened to me and killed all the desire to play ranked before the new season of the game.

1 Like

Yep, I’ve had it happen at least 3 times, keep climbing up and then getting reset back.

Yeah same to me and i literally invest so much time beneath work for this game, it makes me so mad seeing my progress fly away :frowning:

This is a very strange bug but it seems to be related to this other recent post about a top 500 player who’s experiencing the same thing: Top 500 Season 0 Leaderboard Bug. In case you want to read more about similar bugs, I’ve put them in my post Season 36 Missing Top 500 Rewards under Unpredictable Rank Shifts.

You can congratulate me, this mistake has already been made for the second season in a row. There was a master 5, after 5 games won, it seemed to me that I was promoted from diamond 5 to Diamond 2. I wonder what the developers will tell me about this? Probably again “This is the trick of the game, you don’t understand”

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s a ton of posts under my thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment regarding players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.