Sigma op in lore

Surely they’re gonna make sigma swap sides for the story in ow2, he’s way too powerful for the rest of the cast.

4 Likes

Yes, he is very strong. He isn’t truly a “bad guy” though, I get the idea that Overwatch will recognize that and try to get him away from Talon. In truth, he just wants to continue his research

2 Likes

I’m hoping we get some massive boss battle with an amped up sigma in the story. Out of any “Evil” characters his kit leans best towards something like that. Maybe after he regains some sanity and leaves Talon.

6 Likes

I think Sigma will have an interesting role due to his demigod powers. But I don’t think he will change sides or anything. There is a lot things he’s vulnerable to, especially when Talon is fooling him. Talon knew the risks when they kidnapped him, so Sigma won’t change his mind on a whim.

5 Likes

I wish they’d take a more realistic approach, I know we’re supposed to be on the good guys side but it gets boring knowing that they’re gonna win in the end.

2 Likes

I think it’s better with him as an antagonist, actually. Needing multiple heroes to team up and defeat him works better than trying to write him out of every other story or nerf him so the plot can function without him solving every problem immediately. As we saw in London Calling, Tracer already has that problem. Genji will too. It’s The Flash Syndrome, though it shouldn’t be too much of a issue since most of the conflict will be told through in-game mechanics.

3 Likes

I think they have given him quite a clever background considering his power level. If you ditch all the silly gameplay limitations he indeed is very OP but, fortunately, they have tools to deal with that other than plot-induced stupidity or giving all the other characters plot armor. Sigma is not truly a bad guy and he’s not exactly stable mentally. So I think they can use his conflicting emotions and unstable mind as a proper weakness. He’s the type of person I’d easily believe to go like: “Haha, behold my power crushing you all to atoms!.. wait, that’s nasty and unnecessary. I’d rather not.”

I sure do hope they’ll utilize these already established elements of his instead of relying on some stupidly contrived plot armor. I don’t really mind whether he defects from Talon or not but I do must say one reason why I like him so much lore-wise IS that he’s so different from rest of them so I do hope it doesn’t happen too soon/easily. He’s so unique as an antagonist so I think they should meaningfully utilize him before possibly switching sides.

2 Likes

Sigma is powerful

But can’t control his powers without the device on his back