Sigma is an off tank

How can you think about such a topic in times like these?
Who gives a %&/%, Echo is not a support!

Sigma can certainly be played like a main tank. Rein can put up higher blocked damaged numbers, but at the cost of massively lower damage output numbers. I was playing Sigma almost exclusively the week Reinhardt was banned, and I would put up 25-35K damage blocked 5-8K damage absorbed in my competitive games, if my team was cooperatively playing together and not getting rolled.

No he’s not. NONE of his kit is supportive in a way that makes him any bit offtank. That’s why hes so bad; hes a main tank without the ability to main tank.

it is a good distinction. imagine road hog as a main tank. players have gotten this and it needs to work like this

Sigma only works well paired with an Orisa.

Sigma is not a main tank, he does not create space by himself, he more so enables the other Tank. Halt+Rock combo / Placing his barrier when the main one dies.

Having a shield does not make him a maintank, especially such a week one (On release he wasn’t a MT either)

~4k Tank Player

That’s why you make it so that it’s not possible to do two barrier tanks.

✅ [Brawler Role] DPS Queue Fix

I have no problems making space against anything that isn’t a good Rein/Zarya. That matchup in particular is hard.

Opens game
Nope don’t see the words ‘Off tank’ anywhere.
Sigma is a Tank, just like Rein, D’Va, Hog etc.

At his current state, I’d argue he isn’t even a tank.

Just another mass of ult charge

Let’s say Choke on Volskaya, no way to make space as Sigma “Main Tank”

Winston can jump on Squishies separate them , bubbl and get out
Orisa can Shield, bodyblock with Fortify and halt people in the air
Rein Can Shield, Swing his hammer even charge

Sigma can throw his shield and pray he doesn’t get stunned when using his grasp

That’s because there is only one main tank in the game.

And it’s not healthy.

Orisa/Rein/Winston , there are 3

Well, they could just label offtanks :stuck_out_tongue:

Also Sigma, Hamster, D’Va, Hog and Zarya are all TANKS. There is no off or main tank.

In order to play Sigma you must queue as TANK, not off tank, not main tank (as those roles don’t exist)

They could but it would be stupid to break up the already small Tank roster.

I figure actually getting to play the full tank roster is better than having to spend 50% of your time on Reinhardt, or lose rank.

\_()_/

Last match I played (a win) when we were on attack it was me (D’Va) and Hamster as tanks on my team and D’Va Zarya on the other team. we got 3 to 0 after first round. (Blizzard world payload). Second round on defense our Hamster switched to Orissa and we won 3 to 1 in the end (other team stuck with D’Va and Zarya)

K. But that’s not likely to happen in Platinum.

Which is roughly where devs seem to do most of their balancing towards.

Meh, so far in 12 matches (yes 10 of them with Rein banned) not a single Rein played in any of them. Will see if he starts to get more play when I have time to do some more playing which with the quarantine is likely.

For now he’s a meh hero at best and overrated at worst. personally as a D’Va one trick I prefer to play with Hamster, Hog or Zarya.

I mean…
I don’t wanna be rude, but in low Bronze you can run virtually anything any win.

Can we just buff Sigma already!!

Sigma is the funniest tank in the game imo. That pesky widow giving team a problem? Shield in her face. DVA threw her bomb, shield to cover it Enemy Team aggressively pushing, grasp to hold them back. Funniest tank and most creative tank but was nerf because he " Oppressed " the DPS class…

Just reduce his cooldowns and his 1 sec shield CD.

Sigma is too creative and original to be trash.