"shut up about 5v5 you don't know what it'll be like"

And these people are your teammates in ranked. That is precisely why I don’t like tanking or healing for them and will whip out the Hog or Zen because I ain’t love these… Um… gardening implements.

I’m in favor of trying 5v5, but anyone should be able to voice their opinions and concerns, even if others don’t agree with it.

1 Like

I’m also very concerned that, with solo tanking, non-shield tanks will become obsolete. For example, what value can DVa add to the team that Winston cannot? The latter does almost everything better given that he has a shield. Also, how will one deal with double sniper comp if your main tank decides to go hog? I mean, shields will become even more important now that there will be only one of it per team. This will create a further imbalance in the game, imo, in terms of tank and dps matchups. More honzo and widow? Sounds like hell for everyone else. What are they gonna do? Delete snipers from the game? I would be all for it, but I would imagine most of the player-base will go ape-doo-doo.

Some people had good takes on this argument and some didn’t. It’s true, nobody has tried OW2 yet and even if they did try it, it isn’t even close to finished.

But let’s emphasise this point: Nobody knows if 5v5 is bad or not
Not even Blizzard knows, because the game isn’t finished.

Do you want to risk it? Do you not think 6v6 could be balanced with radical changes? If I came to your six room apartment and removed one of your rooms, would you be happy to “wait and see, because you might like it”?

There is plenty more analogies for why “wait and see” is a bad argument. If we “wait and see” we let other people take full control over what we like. I like 6v6. If I liked 5v5 so much, I would not play Overwatch.

1 Like

I have yet to see a good argument as to why 5v5 is bad.

Personally I’ll wait and see but as a support player my life will be one hell of a lot easier.

2 Likes

I think it was an inevitable change…so it’s not so much whether I think it’s a good idea or not…it’s something they kinda have to do…if you really want to see my long version of this answer

I have my own essays for why it is ending up like this :stuck_out_tongue:

My personal opinion is that it is just ridiculously large health pools. I actually like the idea of “fat dps” more, and I think a lot of people like to play them too as we see tons of Roadhog, Zarya and Dva around.

A basic example is the “double shield” meta, which features over 1k hp worth of shields (not even including shields coming off cooldowns), insane damage reduction Fortify and a mini defense matrix + overheal in Kinetic Grasp.

Double shield was not fine, but Zarya, who literally has two shields by herself is fine? The way to balance two tanks was right there, but instead of more Zaryas the devs want to make more Reinhardts with clocks. Barrierwatch. And now they gut 1 of them from the team. Is it necessary? Eh, literally nobody knows.

…uhh that IS a counter?

What legitimate concerns are there? lol.

Every character and map is going to be changed. Peoples concerns are something along the lines of, “but what if someone chooses an off tank?” Uh…what? lol. Why would you think off tanks would still exist?

Because, quite frankly, you DONT KNOW WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE. lol. It may be the best change you’ve ever seen in this game.

That is most certainly the hope.

you can still not like the concept of solo tanking even if you have never tried the OW2 version.

Because there is no counter argument to your ‘argument’. Your argument is “I won’t like it LALALALALALA”. We don’t know what it will be like so we can’t refute your claim, but for the same reason we think it’s a little silly that you claim to already know that you will hate it.

Fanboy simps accept they have no choice but to accept the poo they get forcefed

1 Like

If you are a tank player, you know what a single tank game feels like… especially when you got a bot partner. How about we make solo heal as well? How about solo dps too. Let’s just make it 3v3.

The only tanks left are gonna be the terrible ones who only queue for a free lootbox, enjoy sucka

1 Like

Exactly. Buff my hero and get rid of the deadweight at the same time? The idea has potential.

It only has potential for DPS players. Tanks will quit. Every tank player that I have talked to is not happy about it. The only people happy are DPS and supports and fanboy turds who will be happy for anything blizz says.

Yeah, I hate that too, especially since the big bad “PvP stream” showed just about nothing as to tank changes. We got Rein double fire strike and charge cancel (so BlizzCon material) and he got reduced shield HP (because that’s always good for a solo tank). Zarya got those bubbles on shared cooldown, which I hate cause it looks like she’s got four charges in total, but still has only two in reality. Winston got a long beam. Nothing else. All because they want tanks to become “bruisers”, yet they’re supposed to be solo tanking all the same. What kind of sense is that?

Of course DPS one-tricks will like only one shield because shooting shields is “not fun, m’kay?”.

Yes, design for DPS chars and tanks leave

I find it crazy how so many players are stuck playing one role and even one playstyle within that role. Flex players have it good, and get the most out of the game.

1 Like

Guys, you can disagree with the mechanic who is fixing your car to a certain extent, but it gets to the point you’re not using their expertise at all.

The devs have made a decision on whether 6vs6 could ever be balanced and they may go to 5vs5 because - in their expert opinion - it’s impossible to achieve the balance they aspire for.

But you never had control. The developers always had control and never relinquished it.

Wait and see isn’t even conjecture, it’s a fact of the matter.

If you want the devs to make a u-turn on this you need REALLY strong arguments, not speculation of “hey, maybe you suck at your job?” is not going to do anything, it’s just another Karen demanding to speak to the manager.

This isn’t actually going to lead to a developer saying “guys, he have to scrap all our work and start again, we cannot go 1-2-2 because of THIS!”

This is just complaining about the status quo.

A status quo directly related to the idea of there being 2 tanks per team.

It’s not the absolute number of shields, 2 half pints = 1 pint.

The problem is tanks need to be powerful enough by themselves but not too powerful in combination which just can’t work as they combine in such powerful ways.

Maybe they aren’t wrong, maybe one of your assumptions is wrong.

Which one of your assumptions has concrete evidence backing it and which assumption is speculation based on what you want?

Maybe the devs don’t want you to “solo tank” in the sense of try to block all the damage that would come to the heroes. Because barrierwatch isn’t very fun.

Or they stay as bruisers.

ill say this. it doesnt matter if its 1 tank or 2 tanks. odds are the tanks in most elo’s are going to be useless. they usually are

theres no more pressure with 5v5 then there is 6v6. there IS however more blame, but again they kind of deserve it if they are underperforming.

1 Like