Show health pack locations through walls please

so even if there were 10,000 maps in rotation, you would still think it’s plausible to commit to memory all the health pack locations for all the maps. got it

If you think those minutes are exclusively to learn health packs then I’m pretty sure you never done it before nor intend to do it. So I hope you bring this topic again when we have at least 30 maps to play on.

3 Likes

you’re arguing a point that wasn’t made

we’re not talking about remembering one map, we’re talking about remembering a multitude of maps

Ok, so we have 18 maps. Take 10 minutes in each map. You take 3 hours. This is nothing considering you’ve played dozens of hours of this game.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why a Bastion main spends so much time spamming this topic in the forums, anyway. Doesn’t he know he can heal himself?

2 Likes

I think 18 maps is too much, like I said, I can make flash cards for myself if I want.

so we agree that there is a problem, it’s just the severity where we can’t find common ground

You mean this point that was most definitely stated after I said that SR would be affected by survivability being not great because players not putting in the effort to best equip themselves by learning health pack locations?

I now remember why I infrequently respond to posts like this.

2 Likes

that reply wasn’t addressed to you…

You addressed it to no one, yet it followed my post, so one would deduce your response was to the previous post.

2 Likes

There aren’t too many maps and remembering the important packs in each isn’t a problem either. In fact I’d like more and more maps available and you can be sure that for each one of those I will take a few minutes again to learn them.
The common ground we aren’t being able to find is “to take time to study the game and make it the game’s design fault instead”.

3 Likes

I addressed it to the reply above it, go look

you don’t see a problem with the game design, I do

just because something can be done, doesn’t mean it should

So, you were replying to yourself? That’s the only post above mine that mentions SR…

2 Likes

no go look again

you can’t tell if a reply is to the commenter above or the OP, so you’ll have to use context to figure out who I was talking to

You can train your aiming to become better and better. Some people think it’s not needed and go heroes that aren’t aim reliant.
In the end, your results depend on how much of what you can do and you try to do to improve your gameplay. If you’re not willing to do something that will make your gameplay better, then don’t blame it on the game. Instead use the workshop, make the game like you want and play on it. There.

3 Likes

you can scratch and claw your way through aiming for an entire game, but if you do the same with health packs, you’ll get reported for picking daises, yeah?

If a player is spending that much time away from a team fight searching for health packs, it’s probably time to spend some time studying maps outside of competitive play.

However, no one should be abusing the report system just because a player runs to grab a health pack, but it should just take a few seconds to do so, since there are packs all over.

3 Likes

Not really. Unless you’re running around searching for health packs, which would not happen if you learn where they are.

3 Likes

it’s okay to play competitive to learn competitive

There are differences between learning the basic of the game and the competitive scenario of it.

2 Likes

No one else seems to be struggling with this. Maybe you should just consider the possibility that you yourself need to learn the spots?

3 Likes