Shouldnt lose SR if ur internet blips and u come bk and win

this is my opinion. my internet blipped, i came back, and we won the game yet i went from 2493 to 2443. thats stupid . i shouldnt have lost sr. this also goes for server issues,

3 Likes

You typically don’t if you return within 2 minutes, but it is buggy.

1 Like

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

1 Like

If agree with that :man_shrugging:t2: It’s not known whether you’re disconnecting on purpose/etc but if you come back and win you should get full rewards. You should still get the full SR loss if you lose though.

I don’t know enough about it, and while I know blizzard can’t tell what’s happening on your end they should have an idea if it’s on them (ie all players in the server drop out) and perhaps give out zero penalties for that game.

I assume it doesn’t happen often enough for them to justify devoting dev time to it :man_shrugging:t2:

Here is what I posted about this on the comp forum. It seems relevant here.

first time is 15? i was only suspended for 3

The timer begins when you first leave. You rejoined the game but still had the punishment and suspension. The game lasted 12 minutes after you rejoined. That’s why it was 3 when you checked.

I agree with this
I have had this
and as someone who has been dcd via internet blips sometimes there have been games I have returned and we won yet I still lost SR
which I think is dumb
I understand if my internet blips and I dont come back fast enough and we lose
but if we win I think that should change

1 Like

Its even worse if you disconnect multiple times in a single game. Because your internet provider starts acting up.

Lost ~120 SR in a single placement game that way