Should We buff Bastion's Passive?

I mean, if we removed 100 ammo, he wouldn’t need Different Headshots… he could just have the normal modifier, And he’d be the dangerous war machine again.

1 Like

As a Bastion main, I demand 100%. It’s time for payback for being shoved in the corner for so long >:

1 Like

That could do the trick too. I forgot he received an ammo buff with the rework.

2 Likes

As a Torb player, I know what you mean.

1 Like

It could be done…
(Even the Mercy style one, which would strangely work with Bastion’s design)

If we were to go all out with it, One of my favorite’s is the “Overclocked” Rework.
(Can someone link to some kind of explanation of what that is? do we even have a detailed one?)

Basically Tank mode on E, And an Ultimate that improves Every Mode, And lasts for a short duration.

But, if you ask me… as a Bastion Main… I would rather a Sentry “Buff” that’s basically a Revert to what they did to it, and slight changes to Ironclad.

Perhaps making it only activate (And be stronger) On healing?
That’s a great idea that i would prefer over keeping it as a passive.

Recently

Bastion is tough to balance. If he’s self-sufficient enough to play without a pocket and barrier tank, he would be immortal with it. If he’s too team-dependent, then he’s only balanced if the team works with him.

What Bastion needs is changes to make him more independent, but also raise his skill floor. That way, at lower ranks, people can play him like they do now and bunker around him and he’d do fine, but higher ranks, the skill element would come into play more. Maybe something like reduced healing from outside sources and less damage, but a heat mechanic that requires players to manage his heat for maximum damage.

Either that, or bring back his barrier and rework him into a high-damage tank that claims ground by sieging up and forcing the enemy back with sheer firepower.

1 Like

Passive damage reduction in any amount greater than 25% is probably not a good idea. Ironclad does need a slight buff for Bastion’s current kit to play well, but it would help him a lot more to gain stun immunity while in turret form.

As others just said before me, I think most Bastion players that care enough to discuss him on the forums have agreed with the idea that Ironclad wasn’t even the right direction for Bastion, and that his former role as a glass cannon rather than a turret with a sustained presence was a much better position for him to be in.

To that end, rather than buffing Bastion’s passive to make his current iteration competitive, Bastion’s passive Ironclad should be removed from the game entirely and his old Sentry gun with a tight spread, headshots and the lower 200 bullet count should come back.

There is no need to have a hero who is dedicated to breaking shields when Sombra can just stealth behind Reinhardt and hack him. Bastion’s role as a shield breaker and by extension the strength of his current sentry gun is completely invalid, and like other damage heroes his worth is measured by his effectiveness at scoring kills.

If you really want Bastion to be better, then he needs to be better at killing things.

1 Like

Not… Necessarily… Ironclad promotes pocketing, Through making healing from an outside source more effective in the long run.
It could easily be changed to give him back his independent playstyle.

This would be something like giving him a headshot modifier, and Reducing his spread, as he would be a Lot More aim intensive, and be harder to play in lower ranks.

This is a genuinely nice idea… and it Could work As it would also mean that he’d be out of the “DPS” Role, but still serving as an area denying “Tank”

It fits in the “Rework” Category, but is totally possible.

(I would still prefer to bring back his sheer dps, and make him a glass cannon again… but all reworks are worth discussing.)

2 Likes

You’re basically describing Orisa. She is the Bastion-as-a-tank hero concept. They even used Bastion’s gun attached to a Zarya model to represent her in play testing until the artwork for the hero was done.

Orisa’s existence is the reason why Bastion needs to be pushed further toward high damage rather than survivability. It’s the only way to ensure he presents a unique gameplay experience.

1 Like

Agreed.
As it would make an interesting rework, it Might Not be the right direction with him.

I would rather see him become a powerhouse again, with the drawback of being a Stationary Tank sized mini gun.

Instead of just being a Stationary wet noodle the size of a Tank.

1 Like

Or they listen to us and it’s perfect? Everything we wanted that did make it in was perfect, that’d be his recon and healing buffs, where it fell apart is when they didn’t care what we said and did a massive rework nobody wanted needed or asked for. Just about everybody hated it yet they decided to roll with it and that’s what got him in the position he’s in now.

Sadly (?) there are so many versions it has to be put a bit vaguely.

Ult to E+new ult

tankmode on E:

• Reduced damage
  • some sort of ammo restriction
  • swap speed down to 1 second into tank
    to go to recon you push the key of the mode you’re in so if you’re in tank, push E. If you’re in tank and push shift you’ll go to sentry and the other way around as well.

new ult:

• faster swap speed between all modes
  • 150 armor upon activation assuming we got rid of ironclad. If we didn’t, then some sort of ironclad boost instead
  • applies a unique buff to each mode. Some I’ve thought about is a speed increase in recon, CC resist in sentry, and just old tankmode stats when ulting.
1 Like

It still means they’re not going to listen to us from what it sounds like. He’s just talking about why they named ironclad, ironclad basically.

CAN WE JUST NOT? That’s what got him where he is now. They reduced his damage by a minimum of 100% and also wrecked his spread.

2 Likes

Give him old sentry and put ironclad on self repair.

2 Likes

No, please, stop! Don’t say the R word!
They… They are listening. They will come for him!
NOOO :sob:

People just like to say “Lets reduce his damage anyways”
Because they do the same with Widow now. (Why?)

It’s based on the assumption that he does Insane Damage, and not really considering the facts behind it… Either from a place of ignorance, or simple lack of caring.

To be ignorant of something isn’t bad, just… making sweeping statements about said thing, and then (Only some people do this) Attempting to protect your statement afterwards… That’s where things go wrong.

2 Likes

As a reaper player i know what you mean

1 Like

What people might should try and gather from the conversation in this thread is…

It isn’t as basic as “Should we buff Bastion’s passive?” (No offence meant OP)

It’s “Where should Bastion’s passive be strong? And… Can we please buff Bastion now?”

Lol :grin::ok_hand:

1 Like