Should there be easy characters in Overwatch?

I’m sure the thought of this has passed through a lot of player’s minds; I just want to get some input from all of y’all.

Should there be easy characters in Overwatch? To further specify, should there be characters that get outrageous amounts of value for little input (skill)? I’m gonna say this now before someone deems this another “Moira hating thread,” I DO NOT HATE MOIRA. I love her kit and everything about it, but does she provide too much for too little skill?

Another example would be Reaper from GOATS era, but that’s already been changed.

No argument intended, nor desired, just want ya input (^:

1 Like

Personally? Yes. There are many people who benefit from easy heroes simply because they can’t get value out of the harder heroes for myriad of reasons (age, disability, etc). People of all types should be allowed to play and enjoy themselves.

7 Likes

I think she makes players feel good about doing essentially nothing, but Reaper was kind of already doing that from the beginning. He invented the “press Q to win” meme.

Moira is just five times worse.

2 Likes

They’re all easy. 1 V 1 me bro.

1 Like

In a competitive game, easier characters shouldn’t net more value than harder ones.

There was a post on reddit a few years back about a hitscan player who hit Grandmaster on PC playing with only one arm. If they didn’t need crutch heroes to do well, then there’s absolutely no reason anyone else should either.

2 Likes

Man just make a new game-set called “Newcomer” that has only the so-called “easy heroes” available for play on the most straightforward maps of each type. Play 10-15 levels on newcomer to unlock QP and then level 30 for comp.

1 Like

I think it’s nice there are accessible characters and it bridges a way for the player to grow if they wanted to. But even with accessibility it takes time to build up gamesense and knowing the nuances with the game.

1 Like

Never heard about this, that’s crazy. I just played a support comp game this evening and ended with about 12,000 heals with Ana, and my Moira got 25,000! I have proof too.

Okay, and? I never said that easier heroes should net more value than harder ones.

Okay, good for them. Not everyone can do that.

1 Like

Of course not everyone can. The point is that disability or age is a poor excuse for the existence of easy heroes.

Not everyone should be able to hit high SR, but those who deserve to hit it will do so regardless of factors that may be limiting them such as age or disability.

i dont mind mercy at all.

its moira and brig shutting down heroes that are WAY harder to play at the same level that bother me.

reap is just to straight forward and needs a rework, who knows he may even get one in OW2.

mei. they need to remove the hard cc from her primary, and probs turn her into a beam hero.

symm and torb need their turrets removed and the power put into their kits.

This game has been advertised as being highly accessible since the start.

If someone doesn’t like that, this game wasn’t made for them :man_shrugging:

Lawl, overwatch is one of Blizz’s more “recent” attempts to cash in on the braindead casual crowd. Of course it should have easy characters, especially when so many can be called easy and braindead already.

Can you define casual?

A casual game is a video game targeted at a wide, mass market audience, as opposed to a hardcore game, which is a game targeted at a more niche audience of hobbyist gamers. Casual games may exhibit any type of gameplay and genre.

So… is there any issue with people developing games for the majority? You seemed to imply it.

1 Like

Yes, there are issues with developing games for the majority.

Care to elaborate? Sounds like they’re just listening to what the overall population wants and delivering on that.

1 Like

You had a post talking about how the game might not be made for someone literal minutes ago. Is this really something you actually want to talk about?

Yes, there should be accessible characters, but tweaked to limit how much advantage they get.

Winston is probably the best character that demosntrates this accessible character that is easy to use, but can be shut down quickly though is sitll usable with a good player.