Should the Next Support be a "pure support"?

well If they can make a pure support which is balanced…

then yes I would play it

1 Like

Got any abilities you’d like to see?

Aoe shield, cleanse, buffing one ally attack with slow…

1 Like

What does that mean?

I mean support grants a buff to ally which makes his/her next 5 attacks slow

Thats actually an awesome way to buff sustained damage, spread weapons, and splash weapons.

and would make fast assassins to be more careful

For Ultimate, I was thinking some transportation ability

Lol, wish i wasn’t out of :blue_heart:s right now.

Transportation ult? Like old teleporter?

hmm how about a dropship ?

like Lt. Morales ult in Heroes of The Storm

1 Like

Now thats cool.
Could even give it bonus effects.

I really want a main support who specializes in giving out Shield HP similar to what Hammond’s adaptive shield or Lucio’s sound barrier give out.

1 Like

Heck yeah! I was kinda thinking thats more of a tank thing, but a support could work too. I love shield hp.

tbh I’ve seen it used both ways in other games (mostly League of Legends). Usually if it was a tank, they’d be able to get shields for themselves but not give it to anyone while a support with a shield would be able to use it on any ally. I used to main Lulu in that game and temporarily increasing a teammate’s max HP was kind of her specialty.

One cool part about temporary shield HP is that it would be inherently is better on DPS heroes. Taking someone from 200 -> 400 HP is more important than 600 -> 800. Seeing as we’re in the middle of Goats meta, that’d be a good thing. By making it temporary, we shouldn’t run into the Tracer problem we did with Symmetra’s old OLD E shield because the shields will go away after a few seconds.

1 Like

Its called support class not healer,that means u can recive other buffs from some heroes not only heal .

–" that nobody will be willing to play?"
There you go ,its the continuation of the title.

At this point i use support and healer interchangeably.

Than what kind of support would you want to play?

Hybrids are the coolest. Ana will foreever be my fav healer / hero. Im liking baptiste too, but wished his healing method was more defined.

1 Like

I want the opposite actually. The less we pigeon hole the categories the more varied its player base becomes. I want a support that doesn’t look like one, I want Echo to be a tank and I want a DPS that isn’t actually a badass fighter.

People look at Echo and say “she must be support” proves the design team has failed. That archetype means big portion of heroes don’t appeal to large portions of the player base, combine that with the fact we have 3 times more DPS than tanks or supports and we have an overwhelming majority of players who don’t to play anything but DPS.

Give me badass ugly support, Junkerqueen or whoever, slim and composed tank that is Echo and so on.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a “pure support” who is not a “pure healer” but rather just provides a good amount of constant utility. Visually, I could see this being an omnic with multiple forms. Perhaps a humanoid form and a drone form to be the air/mobile version of Bastion in terms of lore.

I’d like to see them have a limited heal (perhaps a passive similar to Lucio) and all their controls dedicated to team utility rather than direct damage. Something similar to the below layout.

LMB - Long distance, taser beam that does minor damage (5 DPS maybe), but slows enemy movement by 30%.
RMB - Gravity grenade with a small radius. All enemies hit by it lose contact with “gravity” for a handful of seconds which causes any incoming damage to move them around like an air-hocky puck.
L-Shift - Produce a jump-pad at your cursor location which lasts for 5 seconds.
L-Ctrl - Transform into drone mode. You elevate to a fixed height from you starting position (maybe 5 meters up) and all movement controls stay the same, but you are moving on a new horizontal plane.
E - Activates a spotlight/laser designator for 10 seconds. LMB now decreases the damage output of targeted enemies by 50% and RMB deceases enemy healing by 50%.

2 Likes

Any “pure support” will require abilities to defend themselves be that mobility, healing, defensive abilities, etc.