Should sombra hack while invisible

Most of the time when you hack gets interrupted it’s not because the Person you hack reacts fast enough, it’s because someone else of his team saw you … you would take that away.

Her current mobility is extremely useful for flanking. There’s a lot of jumps you can do with stealth, and translocator can be used for aggressive plays.

She should be a backline disruptor/assassin. She was never pressured by timers, unless you were bad at her. All this does is make her bad parts worse. She lacks presence in a teamfight, so now she can sit at the edge of the teamfight in stealth waiting for something to happen. Spoiler: all that’s going to happen is your team losing a 5v6.

She’s an F tier hero. She doesn’t need nerfs to compensate. What are the nerfs compensating for? The ‘extremely powerful’ buffs? She got 2 buffs, 2 bug fixes and 3 nerfs. That’s not how balancing a garbage tier hero works. You don’t need to compensate, because there’s nothing to compensate for.

I have a solution. Don’t go through with these stupid changes in the first place. They haven’t even fixed any of her hack bugs. Her hack is still wildly inconsistent. She still lacks presence in a teamfight. She is still useless at getting kills. Why would I ever play Sombra instead of Tracer? Someone who doesn’t need to ‘wait for the perfect opportunity’ i.e. wasting time. Someone who’s perfectly capable of having presence in a teamfight. I’ll tell you why. Because I enjoy playing Sombra more. That’s it. That’s the reason. There’s no benefit to playing Sombra. Just enjoyment.

More proof Blizzard has no clue what they’re doing.

You see, that’s really funny, because who wants to have to spend 20 seconds in a 5v6 while you wait for your Sombra to find the ‘perfect opportunity’? No-one. Who wants to sit in a corner, invisible, waiting for the enemy team to what? Push in? Why not make it so that Sombra herself can initiate instead of waiting, leaving her team in a 5v6?

She’s an F tier hero. She shouldn’t need to be made ‘weaker in some areas’. And, I fail to see how she’s stronger because of these changes. I have to use my translocator to get anywhere because now I can’t make jumps with my stealth. My hack is still useless, and I still struggle to kill anyone. They have no clue what they’re doing.

So, I’d love to know what the devs think Sombra is. A scout? An infiltrator? What do either of those things mean to her team? I’d love to know just to see how little they actually know about how she’s meant to be played.

Or… maybe they just don’t know what they’re doing with her. Geoff was shocked that people didn’t like the changes. That tells you everything you need to know.

Hey listen, you’re going to get ragged on a lot. Partially because what you’re saying seems to be “I don’t know the character very well but I want to disagree with the people with extensive time on her.”
I want you to know that I agree that just because you don’t main sombra it doesn’t mean you don’t get to speak to her place in the game. However when you deny their perspective and don’t use it to inform your own, it comes off as pure ignorance, no matter how long your posts are. So when you say:

It makes you seem rather ignorant. Here, I am sorry, But it’s speed plays a HUGE part in its value. The speed allows her to make certain jumps. The speed is a major part of it. You’d know that if you played her more.

Now I don’t know. You could be right. However, she is now pressured by things like range, internal timers, and leaving her team at a 5 v 6 disadvantage because her invisibility takes time to get in and out of(and she also gives a voice line as to make sure the enemy actually knows she’s there) also, What do you think the concesquences of waiting and not assisting your team until the right opportunity might or might not appear happens? Would you say that’s a 5 v 6? What about sombra losing an ability to contest points? Would you say that’s because sombra players SHOULD not do that? And when the destructible translocator? Only 5 damage to destroy the thing. Is THAT a buff? Does that not take away from a low tiered hero as is? Maybe there is more available.
Taking away a multitude of playstyles and replacing it with a singular one is a horrible way to “buff” characters.
So she got three nerfs for two buffs. Experts on the character seem to say this will be awful for her because giving her more downtime is a bad solution in a team fight.

She’s at the very bottom of the game. Some raw buffs rather than the 2 buffs - 3 nerfs seems rather silly to me.
So she got cutoff from things she’s capable of now, and yes, that feels a lot like a nerf. Her place on the battle field doesn’t seem to add up, as any sombra player will tell you a dva pellet from across the map can cancel your abilities without doing any damage.
Sombra is still counterable by accident. It takes no effort

I see EMP becoming the new old rez very soon.

The problem with this then falls on her damage output. A surprise attack only means so much when she can barely do the attack part

Most of the time hack gets interrupted, it’s because of bugs. I very rarely have hack properly interrupted. I think we should evaluate Sombra’s position after the bugs are fixed before we make any changes. Currently, with the bugged hack, invis hacking wouldn’t be broken.

I wouldn’t say most of the time, but yes …. to often. Most of the time it’s trash dmg or someone moves behind something the last moment or someone turns around at the worst moment possible.

Absolutely not. That would definitely put her in OP realm for sure.

You are acting like hack is completely riddled with bugs and never works. Please stop. Hack works fine and one or two experiences for you does not equal everyone else’s. Yes there are bugs but to pretend they are stopping hack from functioning (which you pretty much are implying) is ridiculous.

“I cant play well with her so I’m going to blame it on bugs and bad balance”.

Have you ever played Sombra? The bugs happen fairly often. I main her, and there are plenty of videos of it not working, and from my experience, hack gets interrupted more by bugs than damage.

1 Like

This is how she was when she was a support hero, except she was just infinite forever. Honestly, being invisible passively can free up space for an ability that would do damage or something.

1 Like

no

enough characters to post.

No. Buff her in other areas (or conversely, give her a sneak attack, one of the two).

okay but why/how are they making her stronger in some areas and weaker in others if it’s the same area?

What is the point to tell what they enemy has exactly? I can press tab and see what the enemy has at any moment.
Anyone that has invested any serious time on the game can also predict their positions, flank tactics, tanking tactics and any possible baits.
I think the devs have no idea how to balance her and are just doing random things, in hopes one of them works out. Which would be fine if changes were fast and frequent. But having to wait 6 months for changes is outrageous.
Also this nerf is a product of OWL whiners, 99% of the playerbase that is not a part of OWL is ignored. I hope OWL crashes and burns, so that we can get some real balance.