Should resurrect go away?

What do you guys think should res be removed and replaced?

Personally, I think so. Yes, I understand it’s her iconic, defining ability but is it really worth what’s happened to her as a whole?

I fully believe res holds Mercy back. Fun is subjective but I think she can be fun and balanced if res was no longer present. I don’t think Blizz is capable of doing both simultaneously. And when I say balanced I mean she’s balanced in the majority of the communities eyes like a Soldier or a Zarya.

I think Blizz could handle her so much better if they knew going in res was not a concern anymore. The ability is so obnoxious they’ve stripped Mercy down to something very depressing.

I’m not some Mercy main either but I tend to think she would be better off individually and for the game as a whole with an entirely new ability.

17 Likes

I think rez should get one more shot to work well, but if it does not bode well for Mercy then it should in time be replaced

1 Like

Maybe, but the suggestion of putting a prevent death on someone is worse.

Imagine being told, “Go in Reinhardt, you can’t die!”

Maybe and maybe not. It allows her to be more of a pacifist and it makes her unique to other healers, but at the same time it can keep games going for too long (at least on cooldown) and get annoying

I think we should try one last rework, and see what happens👌

19 Likes

Resurrect is not only part of Mercy’s identity, it is also necessary in a team game with healers to give healers a way to counter one shot kills they would otherwise be completely powerless to stop.

In its current state, the game needs more Resurrect, not less. I would rather see it added to other healers than removed from the game.

12 Likes

Why doesn’t blizz just make a second healer like mercy but without rez she/he could be her apprentice which explain why they’er similar

I suppose they can give every hero a rally an ally ability by holding the F key for 10 seconds. That way Mercy is no longer the only hero that can bring back an ally. The difference is Mercy is specialize in that field so her resurrect ability is extremely lesser duration than those who aren’t.

No.

Remove the ress today .

1 Like

If you want to be able to cast Resurrect, you can play World of Warcraft.

Am I the only one who is totally happy with res as a single cast ability? It wasn’t even really the problem with Mercy in the first place, she was OP because she had the highest healing and the most mobility in one package. Now that that’s been fixed I think she’s totally fine

1 Like

Only if she can be good again, and not be as boring and as uninteresting to play as she is right now. That’s the only way resurrect should go away.

Nope! Mercy’s balanced now. No reason to mess with her at all, and certainly no reason to make any kind of major change.

I don’t get why they can’t just have

Healing - 60Hp/s
Guardian Angel - Cooldown increased from 1.5s to 2s.
Resurrect removed from E.
Ultimate now becomes Mass Resurrect with a 3s cast time. (With the animation she already has for Res) And revived heroes have 50% Health rather than 100%

I don’t think so. Not until Valkyrie is removed first at least. :smirk:

Valkyrie has done a lot more harm to Mercy than Ressurect in the past. I would rather they revert the ability back to be on Q, and maybe have Valk as an E move, and tweak both. Removing res would cause lots of backlash and uncertainty within the community in my view.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

yes but it’s too late now :frowning:

YES. It is unhealthy for the game. It must be replaced.

1 Like

Definitely not. However, as an E ability? No doubt of it. It’s a toxic design, rotten to its core, it has no placement there. Valk is rotten design too and it will never be a good thing for the game, it makes Mercy too easy and brainless to play and heavily encourages her to disengage and even hide while removing all her weaknesses and skill, and that’s awful.

E rez must be removed/replaced and valk must be removed/replaced. Rez must be her ult again, no matter how. In that place it had almost no problems. Also, rez is, as you said, iconic, defining, etc, it was even the main reason of why she was so popular in and out of the game and an advertising claim, being in around 1/2 of her set.

Just fyi, valkirie existed long ago, even before than mass rez. It was such a disgusting design that Blizz had to remove it entirely and replace it by something better and healthier: mass rez. Original mass rez was stationary (like current one) and they had to remove that because it was obnoxious. This happened even before game’s release. After that, they had to buff her healing because it was trash (exactly the same as now, 50 hp/s).

As conclusion: this rework is the biggest, the worst and the stupidest revert the game has ever had. It must be fixed, and all these bad designs from the past must die forever. Rez can only be an ult, it will never be balanced as an E and fit with Mercy as a mobile support.

7 Likes

Mercy should just go away. I wonder what people would complain about then.