Should I trust my teammates at Gold-plat?

For example if Doomfist says, “give me nano now” and I’m Ana, should I follow his “order” and give it to him? At gold (where my healer rating is) people don’t seem to have big understanding of the game?
Should I also trust my teammates at plat when I play dps or tank?

Who else would you nano, lol?

Realize that people on the other team are usually just as bad as the people on your team so even if your teammate isn’t very good, you’ll still get value out of helping them.

4 Likes

I meant at a certain point in the game. Also, there are a lot of people to Nano. (Genji rein, Ashe, etc.) depends on situation, I think.

With nano yes, it’s a cheap ult and you don’t exactly lose much value by wasting it if he doesn’t pop off but at the same time if it was a tracer asking for it I’d be more skeptical. It’s all contextual and unfortunately the only way to find out is to play more.

He’s going to do whatever he’s planning anyway, and without nano it has much less of a chance of succeeding. So it’s up to you to make the decision if it’s worth the trust or to let him fail.

1 Like

As a support you need to learn to read the game. If the doom is feeding hard prolly not, if hes doing hes job then ofc, and if hes doing super well maybe smurf or just popping off then ofc too. Also you need to understand the bigger picture. Maybe the DF is only one trying. For example you have rein zarya but they afk in choke and DF is only one who actually even tries to win but failed because its basically 1v6 you should prolly nano him anyways. Then again, if golds could read the game they wouldnt be golds so :man_shrugging:

You should not listen to other people on stuff like that it’s better to make your own decision.

If your decision happens to agree with what he says then do it but if you think it will be a waste and he says to then don’t do it trust yourself over listening to others

Your decision may be informed by someone saying im going in i have ult but anyone can randomly tell you what to do at any time that does not mean they are right. It’s up to you to determine the right play

Make sure you give the Lucio time to get in position to intercept the nano on it way to your intended target.

No.

But maybe in plat.

In my experience 2500SR where you have a chance to get really good teams (on “team” I mean players with whom it’s possible to cooperate instead of mostly solo-play). But quite often, plat feels like gold. Even in low gold, there are a lot of players who seem to be very good platinum-ish but die too often for silly mistakes (no teamplay, overextending, trusting bad team mates, etc…).

You have to be able assess your team as quickly as possible at the beginning of the match and in case of bad team mates play defensively by relying on them as little as possible (e.g.: don’t overextend with them, if half of the team decides to commit suicide then don’t follow them to lose more SR, etc…).

If your team is bad you can still achieve good personal stats and die less often then they do but with certain heros this is more difficult. Sometimes you know from the beginning that a match is lost, but even in that case: push for good stats (especially low number of deaths) to lose as little SR as possible.

By the time you have 100% nano you should have a rough idea whether he is good. Is it a doomfist that jumped in 3 times to die or one that punched 2-3 enemies to death during that time?