Should I keep my comp points for OW2?

I bet somebody somewhere has an answer to this

No. I honestly don’t see gold guns making the transition to OW2. The dev team really doesn’t like them . I feel like the whole system there is bound to change.

It’s a good idea. I’m actually considering doing this myself. I pretty much have every golden gun I want. Except Sigma’s but he’s been nerfed kinda flat.

Bro, they’re not going to take away people’s cosmetics. Maybe they’ll make them easier to earn, but they’re not going to take away stuff you’ve already stored up or purchased.

1 Like

I never said that they’re just gonna yoink them without giving anything in return. I just feel like instead of gold guns, were gonna get something else for each of the characters in its place. I forgot what they didnt like about the gold guns but it’s something that they’ve repeatedly stated that they regret ever adding.

If they want to do something about it, now’s the time.

But I really like my golden guns. I and many others will be extremely unhappy if they try to remove them. And I don’t think they want that.

We don’t know anything yet but if you have nothing you desire now, or are not in a rush, I’d say there is no harm in saving them until more information comes out.

I dont really think that many people really care about their gold guns. I’m not saying that your opinion isnt important but I’m just saying that I feel you might be in the minority on this one.

Itll be met with some backlash for sure but I dont think itll be enough to stop them.

Well they’re getting rid of the level borders which are technically cosmetics, so I wouldn’t say it’s impossible.

1 Like

They say they don’t like them but they had a long, long time to change it up. It was most likely a necessary evil to get people playing comp, even briefly.

I believe they previously said in a Q&A session that they have no intention of adding in anything that would justify it.
Might change after release, but their recommendation for the meantime was just to spend them as you please.

Can’t confirm, but I believe they’re giving you the option to select a border that suits your tastes. Show your washed up veteran status or pretend to be a freshly minted smurf by changing the border. Or maybe special unlock borders.

At Blizzcon they said all our cosmetics are ‘safe’, and will be making the transition into OW2. Nothing you grinded for should be left behind or removed. So earned unlocks, skins, golden guns (and points), will almost surely be carried over.

Would I bank my points and wait for OW2? Only if I really want Sojourn on day1. We could have ~2 heroes at OW2 release. But with 2-4 more planned for release within a year thereafter.

They haven’t confirmed what they’re doing yet, only that they’re getting rid of them and replacing them with something else.

They didn’t confirm “getting rid of” either. Only that they’re “doing something about it”. And “Replace with something else” in all likelihood means the option to show/hide/choose border.

Edit: As per the source: that’s my interpretation of “different system”

Maybe I’m just misinterpreting what Jeff said, but I’m pretty sure they did.

Idk… I dont see them deleting the comp points and replacing them with something else because that would mean that players who only played comp to get those points, would have to play comp again to get other kind of points (something they dont want).
If they were to to be removed, I think we would be notified. I have the feeling they will stay and that you can just save them for the new heroes… Ofc I cannot be sure…

In one of the interviews he also said they might make an indication possible what your rank was in OW1.