Should I buy a logitech g pro wireless

I have a zowie eca-1 that is great but suffering from old age, a bit like it’s owner.

Wired is always better

In my experience ;
Lighter Cheaper More responsive
and wireless mice tend to have interference/lag

That is not really considered true anymore - there’s a been so many improvements now that is no longer true. you just need to make sure you buy a recent model from a main vendor like Razer, Logitech, etc.

Also, invest in a good mousepad, it makes a bigger difference than you would think. I and a fair number of pros use the Logitech G640 for instance.

3 Likes

These days wireless have more or less the same response time as wired ones, and make a smaller mess of the wires.

Its a subjective decision tbh. I like my mice to feel analog that is why I go wired, even though wireless have no problems or any disadvantage compared to wired

1 Like

Yeah, probably. Been a long time since I used a wireless

This.

A million times this.

I didn’t expect a rag of cloth sewn onto rubber make so much of a difference, but it did, and wow

1 Like

Used to think the same, but read so many good reviews of this mouse. Always been die hard cable, but imagine no more snags. I already have the big massive mouse mat that covers both mouse and keyboard.

Miss the old days when you could get away with a newspaper as your mousepad

1 Like

I miss func 1030, and ms intellimouse 3.0, oh hell and taping skates on lol but hey life goes on. My intellimouse was so worn from cs, that all the silver turned to black.

They are amazing, you won’t notice any performance changes compared to a wired.

That’s what i want to hear, I like the shape as well, it’s pretty much the same as the intellimouse / deathadder / zowie. Don’t like change :slight_smile:

The one real downside to wireless (I too prefer wired for this reason) is power - wireless is just replacing batteries, or charging it. The wire means no power concerns, but if you’re really, really good at aiming, some folks find the resistance of the cable itself to be distracting. Its personal choice.

I won’t say much on this since you are picking a good mouse, but you want what is known as a “flawless sensor”.

1 Like

That is a great point regarding the cable, never thought about that, every little tip helps. The battery life is pretty good, about a week I read on amazon. Anyone know anything about the hero sensor v the PMW3366 ?

This mouse is on the flawless sensor list.

I have a Logitech wireless mouse with the powerplay mat. It’s very nice, I just have one problem with it. The right click button has twice caused an issue where if I hold it down I have to press slightly harder for it to actually register I’m holding it down. It’s apparently a design flaw by using a cheap microswitch. I easily solved it each time by gently lifting the plastic and then using WD-40 Contact Cleaner. I’ve owned it for I believe nearly two years.

The powerplay mat also eliminates the need for recharging it, as it recharges while I’m using it and is still wireless.

If I didn’t have the wired G Pro I would be buying the wireless version. Both are very good, especially with hyperglides installed. I can’t justify buying the wireless version unless my wired version breaks.

The Zowie mice are good though. I like that they have many different shapes and sizes. My wife has small hands, so she bought the ZA13. Other mice are too big for her to hold, so I’m grateful for a gaming brand that makes various sizes.

I’ve had good experience with a wireless mouse but then again i use a mouse with a trackball cause i prefer it for shooters but each to his own.

logitech shapes are nothing like zowies. zowie have ergonomic shapes, logitech g pro is shapless ambidextrous style. so depends what shape you like.

The Powerplay mouse pad also pairs well with the G Pro wireless. Keeps your mouse charged at all times. I just wish the mousepad was a tad larger.

1 Like

Exact same thoughts i have on my G Pro. I also have 3rd party mousefeet (i wore down my original set). I’m using hotline games tournament skates.

Wireless is freedom man.
Stick to recent models and the latency is objectively negligible.

Gone are the days of going afk mid game to run around my desk pick up my mouse bungie I tossed across the room mid-flick.

1 Like