Short: Why is everyone so against soldier being gay

That picture doesn’t show anything involving being gay. I’ve taken tons of pictures like that with my straight friends.

Grasping at straws. Soldier being gay is extremely tacked on, and could of been written 10000000000000000000000 times better.

1 Like

And how is that concrete evidence? it could have been his brother in arms. Nothing about it says gay.

If it was sooo obvious, how come people didn’t flood the forum about it like they do now?

1 Like

So… If that picture had some blatant hint towards “HEY Y’ALL I’M GAY” it’d be okay?

Please…

If they were both in full leather, chaps and all, you’d be cool with that?

The bonds formed in battle can, in many ways, transcend (romantic) “love”. Turning his relationship with Vincent into a romantic one is just lazy, and closes the potential to explore the bonds of two men who’ve forged a brotherhood that transcends family and lovers.

1 Like

This argument honestly makes it sound like Soldier’s reveal took something away from people. As if gay “took away” literally anything other than a close-minded person’s feelings.

It’s 2019. Soldier is “out.” Get over it. :rainbow_flag:

So your criticism is that you wanted the preservation of this transcendent comrade in arms based love and homosexuality somehow undermines that?

I took many pics with many friends 2 years ago and check them from time to time. Does it mean i am highly possible one of the LGBT?

1 Like

It means it’s equally possible you’re LGBTQ or straight. Completely equal possibilities.

Why did you assume otherwise? Who gave you that right?

So the pics are irrelevant to the lore, and irrelevant thing cannot be clue or evidence.

no, not equal possibilities. 95% straight based on real life statistics.

1 Like

The pics themselves are irrelevant. Given hindsight, they become relevant. That’s the beauty of individuality, of perspective, etc.

You had no reason to believe Soldier was straight. If you believed he was to such a degree that him not being straight “ruins” it for you… That’s some personal stuff you gotta work on.

Life isn’t a statistic, friend. I see statistical anomalies on a daily basis.

2 Likes

This is typical way to make up something. Some people talk about nonsense and try to find connection from irrelevant things.

Life is not statistics, but probability/possibility is based on it including outliers. So it’s reasonable for me to assume s76 is straight at around 95% confidence interval.

1 Like

I understand what is written in this sentence.

I understand this question.

This one here though I am confused about.

Are you asking Dyrael if they have a right to decide what “I took many pics with many friends 2 years ago and check them from time to time. Does it mean i am highly possible one of the LGBT?” means? To be more specific are you telling Dyrael they have no right to decide, no freedom to choose their own answer?

1 Like

We would if people wouldn’t get upset that soldier is gay.

This one represents the reason from most people that doesnt like the reveal.

1 Like

Nah. I’m asking them who gave them the right to assume something about someone.

I was given no reason whatsoever to assume Soldier was straight. I was given no reason to assume he was gay. Now that I know he is gay, I can look back and previous elements of their character, and there is a new light shone on it. That doesn’t ruin the character for me. It just adds more light.

Their response to me, there’s nothing there I can really disagree with. I can now cite other concepts and like further expand the picture and try to encourage them to consider all angles… But what do I gain? Nothing. I’m not here to teach.

You are free to do whatever you want. So long as it doesn’t impedes on another’s ability to do the same. If you assume about someone, that is, in a slight way, an imposition.

Survival dictates you shouldn’t assume anything. S76 wouldn’t be the most scary masculine gay man I know. However, for some people, someone like S76 being gay is somehow unbelievable… Why? Why do you assume that?

Is it really the reality, S76 being gay, that is wrong, or is it just your perception of it? Who’s right? Where does that right come from?

And in the end… None of it even matters. It’s just a game. Fictional character.

I just wasn’t sure. The way it was written led me to believe you were telling Dyrael they had no right to decide what pictures they themselves took meant in the picture of their own sexuality.

As far as Soldier 76 and Tracer and any other hero for that matter. Overwatch, to me, has a roster of 29 tools to get a job done. I neither relate nor care what any of the fictional aspects are surrounding the heroes beyond their in game balance. Blizzard could make the entire roster anything they want to and it will bother me not at all.

I come into these threads to read. It is rare I participate. I simply don’t care enough about the topic, but sometimes I get a chuckle or two.

Fair. I should’ve worded it better.

I share this perspecttive.

Agreed again.

1 Like

Quest,

Oops, we may have killed it. Our conversation about neutrality of the subject matter, and our solid opinion of “I don’t care” may have destroyed the argument.

1 Like

I think it would have added more depth to his character and made for more interesting storytelling.

I can see that.

I can then see other people saying that it was forced, or over the top, or all kinds of things. While you might have liked that particular approach to reveal Soldier was gay, there are those that might be okay with this reveal saying it was “too much” or whatever.

In a lot of ways there is just no “right” way to do it. Like a prevalent argument I see now is that people don’t want establish heroes having reveals like this. They’d only really accept it with a new hero.

I gotta ask… Why y’all so committed to your current assumptions about the heroes sexuality now that you don’t want a current hero being anything other than what you’ve assumed?

That seems weird to me.