Shields VS No Shields

Pre patch: EW WE HATE SHIELDS NO MORE HORSE JAIL NERF ORISA NERF SIGMA

Post patch: EW WE HATE OFF TANKS WE WANT SHIELDS BACK IN OUR GAMES NERF ROADHOG

The core problem of the OW community rn is that they want to not shoot at shields while also being able to stand behind them. They don’t want the enemy to be healed but they expect their own healers to always keep them up.

Yeah we’re not a monolith but at the same time we can’t ask where the devs have been getting their buff/nerf ideas from. We’ve been demanding them to do something exactly like this and we are experiencing what fps watch is.

65 Likes

The problem is that people hate playing against tanks, but also hate playing completely without proper tanks because pushing objectives becomes a complete ****show.

32 Likes

Don’t you know?
Pro streamers of course!

16 Likes

I mean yeah but how many threads on here have been demanding orisa/sigma nerfs and saying how much they’re tired of shields.

They r gone now, they were nerfed. Hog is meta, hog is King.

12 Likes

It feels like the majority of non-tank players would be content if only Rein and Zarya existed in the tank role.

7 Likes

Not wrong IMO. But like. God help Zarya if Grav Dragon becomes meta again or somethin.

8 Likes

Rein, I’d kind of agree with.

Zarya seems to still get a moderate amount of complaints made her way though, mostly for her damage output once she’s charged up.

Funny thing about the OW community is that when a player wants something they often want it for themselves. However when they don’t want something they do not want it on the enemy team only.

Even though balancing is a double edged sword, which means nerfs and buffs affect everyone.

2 Likes

Ugh. You’re so right. It would take all of 5 minutes before people were screaming to nerf grav because Zarya’s stolen their mobility/auto-win op/shouldn’t be causing damage because that’s dps job…

Yeah, there was just a thread about nerfing her so the Dva could get more play time…Welp, 1-3-2 with only Rein here we come!

1 Like

My brain snapped a little while playing Orisa when DPS said,

“Where’s the shield?”

:unamused: :roll_eyes: :confounded: :persevere: :crazy_face:

20 Likes

“I want the good things only on MY team and the bad things only on THEIR team…”

13 Likes

People just dont want tanks to be viable is what I learned

People aren’t happy when barrier tanks are meta

People aren’t happy when off tanks are meta

12 Likes

Tanks have to be in any META in a 2-2-2 fixed configuration. DPS must be insane if they don’t want tanks to be in the META. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

“TANKS DEFINE METASSSS THEYRE IN EVERY GAME”

Yeah there’s only 8 of them only 4 of them have shields and only 3 of them have shields that are really good being used defensively and offensively. OFC you’re going to run into each tank more, there’s twice as many dps offerings as tank offerings.

9 Likes

I may have solved it a long while ago in threads I have posted.
Buff up all the shield tanks. Allow only one shield tank to be selected during the match at any time. Problem solved. No double shield comps.

Shield tanks would be happy being buffed back or reverted to former glory. :muscle:

7 Likes

I feel the same :pensive: unfortunately Ig that ‘restricts creativity’ too much so we’ve played ourselves.

I mostly play tanks 200 hours worth of them. Tonite after two games as a tank I couldn’t bring myself to check it off anymore in role Q. I picked DPS and Support.

In all the DPS roles combined I have maybe 12 hours total - mostly on Solder 76 and Bastion.

I was just getting tired of dying.

1 Like

I mainly play healer but its like. I pump in all the healing in the world into my tanks but they crumple. its so sad to watch.

5 Likes

Thank you for trying.

I seem to have a knack for picking all the heroes OW wants to kill.

I have 55 hours on Lucio. I depend on tank shields to dance around in a point fight and now those are made of tissue paper … and on top of all that everyone hates him.

I want to go to horse jail. I want to pet the ponies.

4 Likes