Shield Nerf Ideas

Devs could try and nerf “offensive” abilties and put more strenght into a barriers.I think with 2 shield meta problem is if you ignore a barrier you will get destoyed by rock,halt plus orisa and sigma have great defensive abilities as well(fortify and grasp).

Another guy…

Buff the counter to fix the problem only create powercteep.

Those changes sounds good against double shield but what about when one team want play a single shield???.

A comp with double Main shield tanks should have Bad dmg or range. Weakness should define the Game. Not a terrible logic of " You hardcounter me and i hardcounter You.

1 Like

Its just imo an unfixable problem.They need to rethink what a tank is.Ball doesnt help by protecting his team but rather by booping and messing with the enemy while others like rein use a barrier.Running 2 “off tanks” is pretty bad but it can be fun sometimes.And tanks should not deal more damage than “Damage” heroes.Hog is just a dps with 600hp.

That is a problem tank design is flawed and it starts to show more and more.Blizzard needs to do a massive work to fix all of them and make them good which they wont do couse they needed almost a month to revert some numbers to already existing ones for genji(28 damage how it used to be and recover how it used to be)

1 Like

Shield nerf was already a big hit.

To nerf it again would be the death of shield and the death of main tank, except Reinhart which Blizzard would make sure he is somewhat someting because it is the only tank they truely care about.

Orisa is in though position right now, she is in between the role of a off tank and a main tank, her shield is a paper shield and she has no mobility, her fortify isn’t like it used to be and without her shield she is as good as roadhog hacked.

Sigma was broken at lunch, he broke Tank role and more.

Making a shield nerf would make tanks useless, if so, just make them DPS, nobody wants to play Tank. Sure this thread is coming from a DPS main, not as a Tank main, this shows how he looked only at the how to remove it, not at the what would happened to them.

Please think about the both side more than just a « make their shield have more regen crap » it isn’t a good counterpart.

Seems pretty fixable to me.

Its kinda fixable but knowing blizz it wont be fixed anytime soon.I really like your ideas but it seems devs dont care that much.Continue with awsome work and maybe blizz will see some and take notes.They just avoid tank balance.

How they did with single tank changes and all of them went to waste.Hog changes would have been great imo with a passive that gives less ult charge.

Is a problem on all roles.

Mccree is still to multirole and bap/brig/Moira should ir they have good offensive capacitys then they should have lower healing

Well, I did suggest most the specific changes to Mei and Roadhog and the rapid patching system and made a highly publicized graphic of OpenQueue next to Competitive, and kept talking about the importance of non-verbal communication, and the importance of a anti-leaver system for Comp…

So maybe I’m just good at guessing :stuck_out_tongue:

Because 99% of variations of double shield play more like GOATS than Bunker. Meaning doesn’t matter if the shields break, you’re not gonna get access to that pesky enemy, the comps is based around pressing W and overwhelming the enemy with rock, halt, raw damage, fortify, or Rein’s hammer cleaves if he’s in the comp.

It’s why the shield revamp patch failed, it’s why it previously played with short range brawlers like Reaper, Mei and Doom, it’s why Brig fit so well and why Genji managed his way in there too (despite being OP for a short moment, he’s also a decent short range fighter).

The way to go about it is to move shift Orisa’s power towards bunker and less brawly, basically go the opposite way of the shield revamp patch - which hard nerfed shields but ended up making double shield actually stronger for the aforementioned reasons. Nerf Fortify, slight nerf Halt, buff Orisa shield, she’ll lose her synergy with Rein instantly while bringing back her synergy with Hog and some other bunker DPS that haven’t seen play in a long time.

Sigma is another can of worms. Straight up nerf to damage or grasp may be the way to go.

But I guess dps needs more buffs.Damage and healing is way to busted in the current version of the game.Ttk is under a second most of the time and healing can undoo a lot of damage in seconds.I think they should start at reducing both dmg and heal on almost all heroes and than see whats next but it wont happen becouse its blizzard.

1 Like

Ok… listen… people complain about doubles shield right?

Ok i will show an other example that is a much cancerous as that same combo: Torb-sym, that is one of the most cancerous combo of the game, yet, when you have that combo in the enemy team, what do you do?
You shut up and keep going.

So why people complain about double shield, because DPS main does…

If you nerf shield, somebody who would like to go Orisa alone, he can’t anymore, because now, she isn’t worth crap. Even without that, Orisa still struggle with EXCESSIVE SUPPORT.

Think a bit.

You didn’t really didn’t digest my post. And all the characters that would get a buff are currently weak but zarya. Plus beam abilities aren’t long range. Shields would still be played alot. Hitscan dps would still be the best dps. You should have options against shields other than breaking them or flanking around them.

Idk where are those"agressive changes" to “shift a meta” yet we have 2 shield meta for a year.

And if they nerf shields again hitscans need a nerf too.

The Blizzard way is just give 4 buff to genji with no nerf compensation instead of just nerf heros that were make genji unplayable

And then wait almost a month to nerf him.Soon even more.But symmetra got nerfed in under 10 days!!!

1 Like

I think you either didn’t understood my point well, let me lay it all out:
You idea is a bad one, shield don’t need counter, there are many way to counter shields, stop raging, use your wits a bit. Their aren’t always a easy way, sometime you need to work harder than some other time.

He didnt get nerfed becouse he such a “skilled hero” while symmetra was just a “w and m1 bot”.