Shield bash through barriers is a load of barnacles

Once upon a time Blizzard tried to buff Sombra on the PTR for a few days by letting her hack through barriers. Was immediatly removed because that was pretty bad gameplay and Reinhardt was unplayable.

Now they decided to let Brigitte shield bash Reinhardt through his barrier every 5 seconds. Thats dumb. Literally 0 counterplay for Reinhardt.

Barrier? Gone.
Charge? Gone.
Earthshatter? Gone
Firestrike? Doesnt even do half to her health.

Sombra got nerfed after 2 weeks for being able to hack through walls for a 0.1 sec grace period, so why let Brigitte have such an interaction with Reinhardt? Despite that match up i dont have issues with her shield bash countering dive, but this is just ridicilous.

1 Like

They should shrink her SB hit box while they’re at it.

They did that already, thats not the point.

Oh, they did? When was that? I don’t remember seeing anything on it.

on PTR right now

20 characters

it’s on PTR now

letters

Huh. Surprised no one mentioned it before. Alright. Cool.

well it is a melee attack, you don’t complain about Charge or Rocket Punch going through barriers

i agree with you but can we not act like rein is the only hero affected by this garbage design?

1 Like

Because both of those displace the user by a great distance and are counterplayable as you’re given warning.

Rein can at least counter charge another charge or rocket punch.

1 Like

Other heroes can play around it by staying on distance. Rein cant, he is a frontline tank. Cant sit in the back without shielding his teammates.

I agree with the point of this thread ,but hack has like a 15M range and it’s on a hero with arguably the highest out of combat mobility (meaning you can easily position where the enemy wouldn’t look/isnt looking) ,It’s hard to compare.

there is an objective you have to defend or cap. any hero has to get close to her. only widow and pharah have nothing to do with the objecitve.

Sombra needs set up time and she cant allow herself to get damaged while hacking. Brigitte just walks up to Rein casually and shield bashes unless the whole team is focus firing her.