Shatter, grav and blade

What people think they see:

VS what everyone else sees:

6 Likes

Nope. Pretty sure itā€™s cuz heā€™s actually balanced. Polish your tinfoil hat, itā€™s kinda dull.

4 Likes

High risk is slamming yourself into the most dangerous range in the game and hoping you donā€™t get centered or killed.

Or maybe you knowā€¦ heā€™s actually fine and youā€™re in denial?

4 Likes

Heā€™s fine in terms of 30-hero balance. But when you look inward at his kit, he leans entirely on Blade for any value or viability because the rest of him canā€™t do very much other than poke for ult charge at a distance and then Nano Blade.

1 Like

Good Genji players play him how he should be: an Opportunist, they reap the opportunity to go and make use of his kit in fun and creative ways, with how easy his ultimate can be shut down it really doesnā€™t amount much value anymore. In high brackets itā€™s mostly 1 to 1 ultimate trading to scare a Zen to transcend into the 5th dimension.

Heā€™s only reliant on Nanoblade now because of how much the meta skews towards Tanks and Healers.

That literally doesnā€™t explain him being OP in any way.

This is a bad hero design

2 Likes

Are you a game designer? No? I thought so.

What credibility do you have to comment on hero design?

Heā€™s an ultimate-centric hero, itā€™s a creative design and a new and unique aspect.

I study game design by the way, so donā€™t try to pull a ā€œno uā€.

3 Likes

Shatter is so easy to dodge or block and requires followup from the team for value. Grav also requires a team to follow up for a big wipe, and almost always gets countered by sound barrier or transcendence. Blade is pretty OP in most metas, but currently in tank heavy comps and against brig blade is pretty garbage

Bingo. If Genji supposedly lives and dies by blade then heā€™s not doing anything unless he executes. Half the time he canā€™t even do that sooooo whereā€™s the problem?

1 Like

Whatā€™s even more hilarious is how people completely ignore statistics and try to pose some outlandish claim to suit their agenda.

ā€œDragonblade is a guaranteed Teamwipe!!!ā€

According to Overbuff, Dragonblade gets 6.27 kills on average per competitive match across all ranks, the average Genji also charges 4-8 blades a match, meaning it equates to roughly less than 1 kill per blade

ā€œBuh 2-3 kills is enough to teamwipe!!!ā€

Last I checked, there are 6 people in a teamā€¦

Literally a good portion of conversations Iā€™ve had on the subject.

We got a meta like this because people complained that DPS heroes did their job of killing things :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

And the other ultis statistics?

1 Like

Why is it up to him to look this up? You guys are the ones with the absurd claims.

3 Likes

What do they matter? You decided to single out Dragonblade, so I disproved you using the statistics of Dragonblade. If you want you can go find them yourself, Iā€™m not your parents.

Fyi if you even remotely bring up some BS claim of how ā€œBuh Meteor Strike only gets 3 kills! Pls guy!ā€ make like Bill Nye and consider the following:

A - The ultimate is incredibly weak

B - Said hero is not entirely reliant on their ultimate, or as reliant as Genji

2 Likes

Well

I remmber some months ago the dragon blade was the ult with more kills each mattchā€¦

An ultimate-centric hero has more ultimate kills per match in comparison to heroes who donā€™t rely on their ultimates.

This is my surprised face.

2 Likes

I agree with shatter. Grav has been nerfed into a good place and blade has huge counterplay added in the next patch (Baptiste with the immortality field).

And im talking that the ultimates should have less impactā€¦

No.
-However many characters are needed-

You do realize that making an ultimate centric heroes ultimate worse results in the overall hero being much worse of a pick than any other hero? Itā€™d send ultimate-based heroes to F tier.

An ultimate based hero with a mediocre ultimate is about as useful as a knife without a blade.

I donā€™t think you realize the consequences.