Shanghai Dragons cut 8 of their 11 players

Ado was pretty famous on Genji, I’m quite surprised as The Unofficial Mom of SHD that they cut him (though he wasn’t super diverse on heroes)

They didn’t have any wins. It would make sense to release majority of the roster to rebuild.

1 Like

at least they didn’t kick geguri, we cannot lose The Frog

1 Like

He could play most DPS heroes and coaching him could have turned him into an offbrand Whoru, diya also is a good widow and tracer. Right now I feel if they get the right coaching staff and pick up some of the released players like janus, they could win their first match next season.

I’m guessing it was a bit of a mutual thing. If he performed very well, he’ll find a new team easily.

As a reminder there is a new Overwatch League team being built, representing the Guangzhou Providence in China, I have a feeling these cut players best chances of remaining in the league are with that future team.

lol nope

3 Likes

Huh? They cut Ado and kept Fearless and Geguri? Okay. Well, I was not necessarily expecting great decisions from a team that consistently proved that it was incapable of making them. But jeez. The DPS line-up was hardly the problem.

LOL “rue the day”… Dragons are already at their lowest point. :rofl:

I’m gonna send Splyce an email every day until they announce that they’re signing Ado for the Toronto OWL team.

Wait, Ado is a girl?!

No! It’s just a meme GIF I wanted to find an excuse to use :stuck_out_tongue:

I checked my Twitter feed and found althe tweet confirming from the Shanghai dragons of this roster change:

Ado was good, they should have kept him.

Im so happy they kept Geguri!! Though hopefully another (better) tea will snatch her up

The OWL needs an Australian team so that the Shanghai dragons can win some games

Supposedly one is in the works, and the best of Australia would likely beat Shanghai lol.

1 Like

They KICKED ADO out of the entire team he was the best. His genji and Tracer were insane he can be one of the best and they let him go welp.
If Mykl is right then Fuel should trade EFFECT for Bischu than pick up ado with Bischu translating OGE and Ado’s coms it be a slaughterfest (also Ado ain’t to happy he’s at the Dragons heads lol)

LAG dumped all their main tanks and they got Void pretty much because he was Fissure’s old teammate. They’ll likely need to keep Bischu for now.

Just so you all know, I went ahead and started a “trade tracker” thread, that I will try to keep up to date. There has been a lot of releases today outside of Dragons.