Shadow Step buff on the PTR

It’s now faster and you can use it while falling or jumping + Reaper is invincible through it.

I couldn’t find it on the patch notes tho.

Found it

Invincible or invisible?

1 Like

Invisible not invincible

2 Likes

Yes.

Invincvisable.

5 Likes

They just don’t get it.

1 Like

Invis seems like a weird choice, but I suppose invinc would be weird too.
Idk which I would prefer to play with or against :confused:

Invisible is the better choice. You can still be countered for teleporting right on an enemy, but it’s a little bit trickier to headshot him.

On one hand, it is a better buff than I was expecting. On the other, I am still not sure it is enough. But whatever, it is the best we could have hoped for.

Invincibility would cause: shadowstep into middle of team - press q - poggers.

Invisibility is better since it leave counterplay room and yet is not crazy overpowered.

Yeah I def see what you’re saying, but wouldn’t invis do that as well? It’s only half a second, so invinc would allow him to complete the tele and ult, but if its completely telegraphed, then you can just stun or headshot him.

If he’s invis, people can fire wildly (or I assume try to use the audio cue) but that doesn’t give people the half second headstart to aim/get ready.

I think they both have pros/cons, but regardless, we probs shouldn’t speculate until there’s at least more video testing.

1 Like

As far as I saw you will have pretty good guess where he teleports so you still could punish him for too brave teleports.

You can do that on PTR anyway.

1 Like

PTR is all over place in MMR terms so it isn’t that suprising.

But does he still scream DEATH COMES when he does it? Because no invisibility is going to save him if he alerts the entire universe to his whereabouts with that nonsense.

That was my favourite thing to do in FFA.

1 Like

Also, enemies still can see the shadow portal at the floor, cant they?

2 Likes

Yeah seems good … mostly because any change to that skill would be good (literally) but the targeting is still awful and the skill is clunky.
You can Strafe and “flick” into a direction with Moira Fade and escape, you cant flick, aim, target, click and TP in the same time with Reaper.

He still has the casting time so he can’t disengage with it.

I see Reaper at least up to gold just use shadow step right next to an enemy support, 1-2 shotting them before they realize whats going on and wraith out.

Reaction time isnt that great at low to mid ranks.

He doesn’t say any lines anymore when using shadowstep.