Shadow buffs have to stop

Do we all really believe Roadhogs hook is the same hook from the last documented patch regarding it? It’s far from it.
Blizz likes to tweak little values but not put them in the patch notes. Buffs to hogs hook are the biggest offenders. Now that thing will rarely break on anything. It’s basically hook 2.0.
The latest, I’m pretty sure is McCree. All of the sudden out of nowhere when I used to farm McCrees as Tracer they’re landing shots through my blinks and Strafes. I’m a 3.7 Tracer player so not to say I’m amazing but I know how to move and duel a cree. Nothing has changed on my end but now Crees are landing their shots and getting deadeye in seconds? Suddenly he’s this broken hero.

Stop shadow buffing.

2 Likes

Jeff would never do something like this :laughing:

2 Likes

Correction, Hook 1.0

3 Likes

So… what exactly do you think they changed?

Lower ult charge? That’s easy to prove/disprove, just open up a custom game, test the damage it takes to get ult, and compare it with the wiki value.

Some kind of auto-aim or bigger bullet size? That should also be easy to prove/disprove. Test out where his cursor needs to be to land shots from where it used to need to be; there’s lots of old Mccree hitbox test videos for comparison.

But if your only evidence is “I used to win but now I lose”, you’re going to have a hard time convincing people that Mccree got invisible buffs.

10 Likes

Agree, it seems ridiculously long now compared to what I’m used to. Also he’s managing to get hooks on me even when I’m diving behind objects that should block it, it’s almost as if there are ‘no corners’ for the hook, just like how they made Tracer blink through the edges of things or something, now the hook also has the ability to sort of phase through in game objects. It feels much stronger than it used to, and longer, to me.

And with the Deadeye buffs he can kill you basically instantly, his ult went from being a death sentence to ridiculously OP, though I don’t see a lot of McCree’s actually using it that well, I frankly think they just haven’t mentally adjusted to it yet. But as a Sym main, the second I hear him start up I pop my wall - I’ve had so many matches where my wall appears as my body crumples to the ground, because I can start the wall, but not actually defend myself from the shot I guess. That makes sense Blizzard, give the weakest DPS character a defensive ult… that takes too long to appear to defend her from ults. Got it. :roll_eyes:

I think his projectile size was increased.

they overbuffed mccree a while back so everyone plays him

hate that character

Blizzard made a buff where the red Mccrees are more accurate. :’(

Remember this?

2 Likes

His name aint Joel, tho.
Just saying…is all.

:cowboy_hat_face:

i thought i was the only one who thought they stealth buffed…

Idk anything abt mccree vs tracer feeling different, but there have been times over the years ive felt changes in patches that werent shown in the notes

its probably in some ways a better way to balance the game to be honest

bro there’s no shadow buff, cree got 25 extra health, and you’re meeting higher level crees probably if you’re climbing