Hi, I bought a laptop a few months ago with a Nvidia 1050 built in, with a 7th gen i7 core. The problem is not solely Overwatch, it impacts other aspects of my laptop but I’m not sure where else to go. I put all the graphics settings as low as possible and im only getting about 20 fps. Earlier in the day, I was running fairly good graphics with 70 fps and then without touching anything, later in the day I’m getting severely low performance. I’m desperate and any help would be amazing. (I’ve also tried updating my nvidia drivers and restarting the laptop multiple times)
These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:
- Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
- Update your graphic card driver.
- Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
- In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
- There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches.