Set Invisible. Action Broken?

So via a Google Search, i found someone posting in the “Bug Report” section about this issue, but it doesn’t seem to be resolved. So, im asking here, as maybe someone here knows a way around it.

Around the Halloween update this year (2021), the “Set Invisible” action broke. You can no longer filter who’s invisible to who. IF, for example, you set player invisible (or even an array of specific players) to Enemy, they are also invisible to Team OF player.

As a side note, you CAN still see players in 3rd person (Brig or Rein while holding shield).

Depending from which perspective you mean in general, being in-game in 3rd person view and playing the hero mentioned or when you are spectating someone in 3rd person, for me the former case of the bug turns out to be the complete opposite when Enemies is set as an option, i CAN’T see the hero i play while holding the shield as Reinhardt etc. So kind of a weird bug, or did you make a typo mistake there? What to mention is on Bots of any type either Dummy or AI the action seem to work as intended so some evaluation for actual players screen seem to be wrong.

2 Likes

The 3rd person issue is irrelevant. It’s just a weird thing i noticed happens only for those 2 heros. The main issue is the Invisible action no longer works the way it used too…

For Exampe:

{
	event
	{
		Ongoing - Each Player;
		All;
		All;
	}

conditions
	{
		Is Button Held(Event Player, Button(Interact)) == True;
	}

actions
	{
		Set Invisible(Players Within Radius(Event Player, 5, Team Of(Event Player), Off), Enemies);
		Wait Until(!Is Button Held(Event Player, Button(Interact)), 99999);
		Set Invisible(All Players(Team Of(Event Player)), None);
	}
}

Press F to set all players near event player Invisible to ENEMIES. However, you’ll notice your own team will disappear, as if you had the “Invisible to” set to ALL.

Im just wondering if someone knows a work around

As you said whats relevant is that the action internally got for some reason changed and bugged out in way to no longer work as intended, as i described for Bots it seems to work as intended…, also no there is currently no workaround… depending on what are you trying to accomplish, you may need to discard what you want to do for now…, well not a convenient way you can make your teammates and yourself invisible to all but add to you and each of your team mates a visible effect thats only visible to you and your teammates working with the VisibleTo reevaluation.

2 Likes