Servers went down, got competitive cooldown because of it

Yesterday the servers went down right before we were about to win a game, which kicked 5 people out of the game (2 on my team, 3 on the other team).
I managed to rejoin the game, only for the servers to go down again and kick me back to the login screen.
After logging back in, I wasn’t able to rejoin the game again, and received my very first competitive cooldown.

That isn’t fair at all. I lost out on 15 competitive points and got a 15 minute cooldown that is now on my record (it shows “Games abandoned: 1” when I rank up, so I assume that will negatively effect me).

If possible, I would like this to be investigated and for the false cooldown to be removed from my account.

This isn’t the first time this has happened by the way. Every single day servers will go down mid-game and kick most people out of the game. It seems to only be some people that get kicked because of it, whilst others are able to stay in the game.

Please fix this issue, this should not be happening in a competitive game.

1 Like

Lmao anything else to say?

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

I got in a competitive game where I was disconnected from the servers and was not able to join back in time and was given penalty. This happened to me 3 times, I have a 20 hours penalty for being disconnected from servers.

1 Like

happened to me just then - mystery heroes comp - disconnected and 50 minute ban. thats twice tonight, no increase in latency - stable internet. Overwatch 2 issue.

1 Like

If a server goes down, then everyone would have been kicked and there would be no option to rejoin. Sounds like it was more likely an issue with the connection reaching the servers, which is out of Blizzards control (ISP issue).

I don’t think there is anything Blizzard could do to investigate it, so you will most likely not have the punishments removed.

1 Like