Servers are useless?

I’m EU, I honestly don’t like Europe as it has too many different languages, people barely speak any english resulting in no voice chat whatsoever.

I wanted to try playing with Americans and have some proper voice chat communication but even if I put NA servers it forces me to play with Europeans.

I would like to try at least once to see how my ping goes and how much I can perform, why servers do not matter?

Its not worth playing with 200 ping on na servers just for communication

The devs said regions don’t really exist anymore in OW. The client will try to put you in the best possible servers for you latency wise, more often than not causing you run into people of your own locale.

Just try and make english speaking friends so you can do premades.
Because it’s definitely your ping preventing you from matching NA.
Even in NA, in-game comms are abysmal up until the higher ranks, and even then you’ll find top 500’s not joining voice.

Care to give us your source?

1 Like

I mean, it’s common practice to not lock to specific regions in games like this, instead scattering various servers across regions to provide a web of servers that players can connect to based on connection quality.

Like I have a feeling the matchmaker would discard the region preference and defer to servers geographically closer to the player if the former would put them beyond the acceptable ping threshold.

There’s this topic here which covers part of backend changes after cross-play came in: Crossplay update soft region locked everyone - #127 by JoshNash-1223

Noteably: “The simple answer is, you are placed into the best match based on a variety of factors including player skill and ping. Getting more technical, it’s because the regions themselves no longer exist (at least not in the way players traditionally understand them), so there is no region to swap to.”

I can personally approve that. I live in EU

Played with 1 friend in Asia and it takes us both to EU ser (30ms and he 230)

Played with 2 friends in Asia and it takes us all to Asia (230,30,30)

That’s so backward I didn’t even think it was true but thank you

1 Like