Servers are terrible, constant ping spikes

I’ve had multiple people including me having ping spikes recently. Our ping goes from 50 to 2000 ping and it’s terrible. Please look into your servers, It seems like people haven’t really posted about this yet.

1 Like

There are no known issues with the servers for the Americas or Oceanic regions at this time. If you are having an issue connecting to the servers for these regions, please include a WinMTR in your reply which may help find the issue.

WinMTR instructions (click to expand/collapse)

This data request is for players connecting in the Americas or Oceanic regions. Players connecting to European servers should post their data in the EU forum for troubleshooting.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test per the instructions.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, then highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
  3. Break any links by adding a space before .com, .net, etc., so you can post them.

Ok, I’ll get back to you in 10 minutes. Thanks for the help!

Replying so you can add results.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |

Host - % Sent Recv Best Avrg Wrst Last
DESKTOP-MOK2LHJ.home - 0 877 877 0 0 0 0
________________________________________________ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______ ______

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
didn’t let me reply with my main acc so i got on an alt acc to reply to you. Here are the results

You can’t reply to yourself when you’re new on the forum. You can edit your post, though.

I found out how to actually run the test via a friend, But i’m not getting any lag spikes. I will run this test when lag spikes do happen, which is normally in the evening for me. I would assume this has to do with the fact that the servers are overcrowded because of the modernwarfare beta.

if you’re experiencing lag during a certain time of day this would be caused by congestion on your ISP’s network. The servers are not going to struggle because of that beta.

Ok, that clears some things up but there are tons of people that are also getting terrible ping spikes.

1 Like

That’s just not true. The forum would be flooded with posts if tons were experiencing this – like 50+ within the hour – and that isn’t happening. A handful, or even 20, people posting in a day about connection issues can be such different circumstances from player to player. ISPs have issues all the time, and so do routers, cables, new forms of interference in a building, etc. Yes, Blizzard is sometimes at fault, but they will update their breaking news on the site and also their @BlizzardCS Twitter when these issues are happening.

Also, a note on forum rules: All replies in this forum should be constructive to the original poster – not an opportunity to air grievances. This is because you are creating a forum alert for them every time you reply, which can derail the troubleshooting process. Since you added a reply about your issue to most of the recent threads, and it is against the rules, please don’t do that anymore. Most of the threads are not related to the issue we’re discussing here (lag at specific time of day).

Hello, may I know the IP address for SEA servers since it is not listed in the website?