Server drop on Blizzard side

Never had a problem with connection to OW but my first match of competitive mode and I drop in the first minute, both from the game and the client. Check internet connection and router, still up. I check if I can pull up websites, I can. So it would seem to be a drop on Blizzard’s end.
I log back in and immediately get thrown off again with full connections outside the Blizzard client working yet again. Is this a normal issue with competitive?
And if I put up a ticket can I get my lost SR back? I know I haven’t been placed yet but I was playing against low plat before the drop and then I suddenly am playing against low golds.

This could mean a few different things, like something on your connection route to Blizzard is broken, there is a packet flood on your router (wouldn’t affect websites), or there is some other network event happening. But with any connection-related issue, please include a WinMTR.

WinMTR instructions (click to expand/collapse)

This data request is for players connecting in the Americas or Oceania regions. Players connecting to European servers should post their test data in the EU forum for troubleshooting.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, highlight it, then click </> on the post editor.
  3. Break links by adding a space before .com/.net, so you can post them.

* Please do not remove full hostnames instead of adding spaces, as this makes troubleshooting much more difficult.

No, SR is never awarded back for any reason. More info on this decision here: Overwatch Technical Issues, SR Loss, and Leaver Penalties