Server Closing kicking the players out! COMPENSATION

The game i was in just suddenly shut down and kicked every single player out including myself and everyone was in the lobby typing in chat about getting kicked out and there was a “searching” bar showing, so i couldn’t even queue for another game. so after about 5 mins i quit. And when i came back i lost 50 SR and i assume everyone else did too. SO how is that far? wtf. Do something about the server or at least compensate when something like this happens makes climbing more difficult than it already is.

Did you just force close the Overwatch Application? If so, you did not send proper signal to the game server to stop the search queue and it remains in search queue for several seconds after your force close the program, during which anytime you can still be paired into a match. Because of this, you were penalized appropriately. Learn more here:

I understand if its an issue with my internet or my computer. But what if its the overwatch server where every single person was kicked out in which it was. Everyone had -50 SR. Isn’t that quite silly when the fault was the overwatch server? surely there is a way to check if the fault was the whole server where everyone DCs or a internet issue where 1 guy DCs right?

Anyways just wanna bring up that there is such a problem so that yall can troubleshoot, since the problem happened a while ago. And any possible solutions. Thanks!

If you want to troubleshoot your own connection, that’s something this forum can help with. But feedback on the system needs to be posted in the General or Competitive forums.

A server malfunction itself happens extremely rarely and if it did, it usually restarts the match. Now if there was a problem with the connection closer towards Blizzard’s end that could affect multiple players that will still be penalized.

Is this by using the Battle net Looking glass website? I just did so, but i cannot see the results of the test :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be through the use of the WinMTR app.

WinMTR instructions (click to expand/collapse)

Follow the support documentation for WinMTR. If you’re unable to get into a game for the IP address, then use an IP from the table provided on that page that matches your region. Run the test until you encounter the issue again, or for at least 10 minutes.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test per the instructions.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, then highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
  3. Break any links by adding a space before .com, .net, etc.