'Server closed due to unexpected error' and wouldn't let me rejoin a competitive match

This made me lose 50 SR even when I tried to rejoin match multiple times. It happened to 7 other people from the match from both teams and some people were still ingame. This should not be happening. I don’t mind losing my SR but it just de-motivates me from playing competitive until this bug is patched.

2 Likes

same with me , we were same team just now , blizzard its so unfair to us , server error but we lose 50 SR really??

“Server closed” That means that you cannot rejoin ofc since the server is shut down, but the rejoin thing should not come making it a bug yeah… Did you really lose SR? Because blizz can detect server-sided crashes.

Yes, I still lost my SR. Other people that were kicked also lost their SR. Australia servers are the only ones connecting to the Americas server right now. Hopefully the maintenance soon can fix it.

The Overwatch team cannot:

Nowhere in there does it say that the Overwatch team can’t detect server crashes. It only mentions they can’t discern between legitimate and forced client side crashes.

The following is there real stance on the matter:

What if it was the server’s fault?

Often we hear mentions of one off issues when we discuss penalties. “What happens if the servers crash or if Blizzard’s ISP has a problem?” or something of that nature. This does happen from time to time, but it’s pretty rare. The system is built to take that sort of thing into account, and periodic issues like this shouldn’t tank your skill rating too much. This is why the first few penalties are lenient compared to later ones. Over time even the Skill Rating drops will even out as you keep playing normal matches. As long as you aren’t intentionally leaving or having tech issues, this shouldn’t affect your account too much.

The same just occurred to me, but the worst part is that I won the match, an then got removed from the server. Really demotivating, banned for 8 minutes, and the cherry on top of the cake were the 50 lost SR

Yup, but the white knight brigade is going to defend it anyway.