[Sept 24] Overwatch Crashing After 1.40.1 due to Mismatch Spoke/Text Language Setting

Thank you, you are a life savior

Some players have the problem of game crash after 1.40.1 update, it will be fixed by changing the text and speech to the same language.

So, we can only use the same text and speech language now?

Interesting.

And, fix the problem please.

1 Like

Okay they broken the game… with this update I lost my last changes in workshop with hard calculation of game physics and now it crashes all the time I try to open OW. Come on, Blizzard, you cannot do such updates without a notification! It shows no a respect to your players just by throwing us outside.

here you go guys…

1 Like

I did all of it and it lets me enter the game but this is not a main problem - updates (even most important) have to be scheduled.

i had to reset everything to get in. i’ve only been in training room but it works fo far.
click blizzard on client- settings- game settings- reset in game options.
i’ll update if it doesn’t work

edit: played about 3 mins of arcade game, no issue. resetting the in game options doesn’t ruin much tbh. will try comp next and update

edit: just played a round of comp and no issues!

the language didn’t work for me, which is why i did this instead

Game was crashed! pls solved this blizzard urgent! 2D8A26AC-82D2-47E5-AEE0-9D78BF5DA8B2

Yeah that’s not working for me :frowning: my game is still crashing.
I guess the obvious thing for me to do is avoid competitive and any modes that has the endorsement system enabled… I don’t want my level 5 to go away I’ve had it for over a year now.

yeah I too can only get to the overwatch menu but it crashes soon after

My game is crashing all the time after this update. I can’t play the game, right now

Same problem here, I can get in the game it self but as soon as I enter quickplay the game crashes, I think it has something to do with the patch because before that I didn’t have any problem what so ever

C8699032-C6EF-4E3F-A391-7FEB6C0313C6

getting the same crash.

Same here. Would try the auto repair in a bit. Goodness, what a waste of time!

i can’t even join in the training range. After i open again and i try to play on custom game, but crash again. Nice blizzard

There should be an update pushed for this. Could those experiencing the mismatch spoke/text language, try launching the game with the previous settings after the update? Let us know if it persists! The current version of the game should be 1.40.1.0.62591

1 Like

Thank you for the fix update!, been in a match for 3 mins and It’s working great now.

A post was split to a new topic: ReVeRzi - Crashing on Startup

Repaired the game, uninstalled and reinstalled it I also set both languages to be the same and when I play in a match for less than 2 minutes it crashes, I don’t get a crash report or anything just straight back to desktop. Yesterday 9/24/2019 there was a patch my girlfriend and I both downloaded and things were fine. But today 9/25/2019 4:30pm PST time for me is when I updated it again and have had issues but my girlfriend is just fine.

Would like some help if possible and if you can tell me where I can get the crash report to help you I am willing to give you it.

hello for me after the last patch i couldn’t play overwatch when i scan overwatch it says i need update but after i prese on update it couldnt start and same for hearthstone i couldn’t open it becuz of bad image …i copy both games in other disk and i got problem that i cant copy all of filse so i escaped all of them then i checked both games after i copy them and they are in updating right now i found like 4g missing in overwatch and 5g in hearthstone .try this guys change the game the other disk and repaire the game hope that wll work for you …thank you blizzard for all of this