Seperate SRs for each hero

but what if I’m an awesome Soldier and a horrible Widow? I don’t want those SRs to mix.

Hell once I know it’s a loss I switch to my dump heroes anyway for winrates boiii

So what would your solution be? Make people search for matches with their hero already chosen and never let them switch?

That doesn’t sound like overwatch at all. How would the match maker even make teams?

The reason to separate it by roles is that is what the pros do. Even the best tracers in the world don’t only play tracer. They’ll swap to other heroes filling that DPS slot as needed. They can’t just be the best tracer, the need to be a better DPS.

the reason that role SR is a bad idea, is because there are main tanks and off tanks, hit scan DPS and Junkrat, Zen and Mercy are very different supports.

That’s a potential exploit. But the game already tracks how well you do for all of the heroes you play in a match, so it can parse it out for your SR as well pretty easily. It does mean you will lose SR on all heroes you play that match though, even if only for 2 seconds.

I don’t think the role select needs any changes to it. You’re locked into a 2-2-2 comp and can’t switch to quad comp unless your team leader agrees to change the rules.

If you’re worried about specific skillsets and want to know what skills a player has without looking at their profile, you could implement some kind of ranking system for their specific heroes. So, instead of returning SR or hours played, it’d show a medal telling you if the player is within average(67% or lower), above average(89% and lower), or excellent (90% and lower) of their tier for that hero. I think most players would want to know how well they place on their favorite heroes too, even if it is only comparing raw statistics.

Why do i feel like. You really want to be widowmaker but are just scared. Jump in. I believe in you. Whats the worst that could happen? lose a few hundred sr? You already know how to get back.

1 Like

Then don’t play widow in comp

Mizzerella, you are my spirit animal :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I’d like roles such as main tank, flex tank, main DPS, flex DPS, main support, and flex support

there’s only 28 heroes, there is no need to summarize and condense a list that only has 28 things in it. for crying out loud!

Here’s a post on this topic that I made recently.

1 Like

will they refund the money to all who purchased multiple accounts. I do agree with you though.

Blizz would need that dankest UI to pull this off. Still agree 100% though.

So my idea, is just give an SR to each hero, it has no effect on gameplay. It only exists to communicate to other players how good you are on each hero.

I don’t think that would really be an option they would take, it would be better I think to give in game currency such as Lootboxes, OWL Tokens (for the skins), or something else. But yeah I can see how it would be an issue.

I like it! Did you know there’s a website that attempts to do this? It won’t work if your profile is “private” on Overwatch.

Here’s mine (I’m a zen main that ended the season at 3600 SR):

h
ttp://www.c0derwatch.com/result.php?Battletag=WarmasterCly%231355&Region=us

1 Like

down with 3rd party websites! I hate them soooooo much, but thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

I only use them because Blizzard doesn’t give enough useful information on their own. If they did I’d never have a reason to use them.

I’m so sad, I wish Activision would give the Devs more money :sob:

It would reduce the desire and need for multiple accounts. Makes too much sense. But then the game would have to figure out how to place you with groups.

However, LFG fixed that. So if your widow is silver, but you are a plat support; You can play your silver widow in silver and not be a total thrower in Plat, for example.

I like the idea of blizzard supporting this.

your SR would work exactly the same it does now.

And I think if you took the average of all the individual hero’s SR, it would equal your SR anyway, no?

My separate SR idea would have no impact on game play. It’s just there to inform other players how good you are at certain heroes.

Yes and no. A one trick, for example, could be diamond as Zarya and silver/gold at anything else. I’d propose the SR separation place you in a different SR bracket per hero vs putting you in diamond as a widow when you may have the gamesense, but not the aim.

If we wanted something like this, there would have to be a super dank UI. I don’t think Blizzard will give us that.