WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

Official Forums Pick'em Top 5
(After West Week 3, Day 1)
#1 JUNSEI 63 points
#3 WYOMINGMYST 61 points
#2 TENU93 60 points
#4 NOSTALGIA 60 points
#5 KEYU 56 points
*Not Live. See the live leaderboard here.

Click here for Discussion Thread Rules
  • This thread is intended for the discussion of this specific Overwatch League match.
  • Please be respectful to one another and follow the Forum Code-of-Conduct and the Overwatch Forum Posting Guidelines.
  • Incentivizing boycotts or invoking discussion that outright expresses hate or disinterest toward Overwatch or the Overwatch League directly in these match discussion threads of any kind will be considered trolling and flagged appropriately.
  • If you are Trust Level 3 user, you are welcome and encouraged to post your animated YouTube clips, gifs and images in replies to support your team or be expressive, but please keep any such imagery appropriate.
  • I, WyomingMyst, am a Forum MVP. This means I spend a great deal of time helping players with Overwatch (which is why my text is green in color). This thread is not related to my role as a Forum MVP and I do not represent Blizzard Entertainment.

Thank you for your cooperation and enjoy the match!

Tokens now enabled on OverwatchLeague.com! Click here for important information and troubleshooting!

Join the official forums OWL Pick'em Leadeerboards!Need info on the 2021 OWL Season? Click here to watch my video explaining it all!

Encore at 9:30 AM PDT

This goes without saying, but I sincerely hope that this match is slightly higher quality than the last one.

As for who wins? Some folks are looking at the historical Seoul Dynasty, which always seems to do poorly in the last week before then they perform well in the tournament. Unfortunately, unlike last season, not all teams make it into the May Melee Knockouts (which, if you think about it, is not necessarily a bad thing). I think the Dynasty will clinch this one by a 3-2 verdict.

Uh, oh, a Bastion has been sighted…and I think we all know what THAT means.

Please accept my apologies to all the ladder players whose matches will now be messed up because people are now trying to replicate Bastion’s success.

As for the match at hand, the Seoul Dynasty are one map away from the match victory, which will bring them that much closer to the May Melee Knockouts.

AFTER MAP 2

Lijiang Tower (Control): Seoul Dynasty 2, New York Excelsior 0

Hanamura (Assault): Seoul Dynasty 2, New York Excelsior 1

MATCH SCORE: Seoul Dynasty 2, New York Excelsior 0

NEXT UP: The second half of Dynasty vs. NYXL. The Seoul Dynasty are on MATCH POINT.

This isn’t a game anymore.
It’s an operating theatre.

AND PROFIT IS THE SURGEON

Wasn’t expecting Seoul to roll that hard - they don’t seem to look as inconsistent as they were last year (at least so far). Good to see them not force Marve1 on off-tank as well.

The Seoul Dynasty sweep the NYXL out the door, and get that much closer to the May Melee.

FINAL

Lijiang Tower (Control): Seoul Dynasty 2, New York Excelsior 0.

Hanamura (Assault): Seoul Dynasty 2, New York Excelsior 1.

Eichenwalde (Hybrid): Seoul Dynasty 3, New York Excelsior 2.

FINAL SCORE: Seoul Dynasty 3, New York Excelsior 0

SEOUL DYNASTY WINS!

The Seoul Dynasty advance to 2-1 and can clinch the 2 seed in the May Melee with a 3-0 victory tomorrow against the L.A Valiant. For the NYXL, while they are not mathematically eliminated from the May Melee (yet), it is looking extremely bleak for them heading into the final day tomorrow.

Now, it’s on to the final match…the Shanghai Dragons versus the Hangzhou Spark. Will this also be a stomp? Only 1 way to find out!

Hey everyone, the encore broadcast of this match is starting in about 10 minutes!

Remember encores are available to earn tokens from!