Seismic Slam change Ruined Doomfist

I can deal with the rest of the changes. I get there was crying supports in number who dislike being presented with any threats, but these Seismic Slam changes breaks combos - you know, for the character who even has voice lines about combos…

9 Likes

He needs slan’s range back. Without it he cannot engage or escape effectively.

4 Likes

nah forget that, if you want MS to a glorified movement tool becuase it now has the lowest dps output of any damage ult in the game

espically with this MS center bug that we reported in the PTR mind you that will take blizz god knows how many months to fix

then let MS charge faster so we can use it as a proper escape tool

3 Likes

I say fix the bug first, then we can see if it’s any good.

2 Likes

gets popcorn

But honestly, you are about the 100th person today to make a new post. Just post on one of those threads with a large discussion please. You are going to end up like all the poor Mercy mains out there. I know it sucks to have your favorite hero changed/reworked/nerfed, but its been 3 days, It takes much longer than 3 days to get used to a new playstyle. I have a few DF one tricks as friends, and they are back to fragging like a boss.

Tom Powers, made a comment on 40+ Doomfist bugs

However he didn’t say anything about meteor strike inner ring bug.

3 Likes

Stop compromising. This perception based hypocritical balancing needs to end.

He feels really, really bad.

Like I don’t look at patch notes often but I thought it was a bug when I played him with the nerf.

I think what happened here is that Doomfist doesn’t really work in the way he was intended to work, using rocket punch as an opener. So, instead, people were using the slam as an opener. But this negates a lot of the warning and counterplay Doomfist is supposed to have, which is why he felt so cheap and impossible to counter. So they patched out using slam that way, and he’s back to not working.

Pretty much yeah.

Rocketpunch was meant to be his main attack but it was inconsistent and on too long a cooldown so people developed the combo, which has now been nerfed with no buffs to rp

1 Like

In the long term I think this might actually end up better, though. Doomfist was too cheap and hard to counter with the slam opener. Hopefully they’ll improve him so he can do his job as intended and he’ll end up decent and less cheap, kind of like what they did to Roadhog (although Roadhog is still a tiny bit weak).

There was a lotta ways they coulda gone rather than trying to making him an RP bot

A nerf to uppercut cc plus a nerf to his shields make him less tanky add in more sound and visuals to his slam to make it much easy to see/hear and a reworked ult so he cant escape instantly.

This would have fixed a lot of issues people had with him

1 Like

Give it nine months. They might finally fix it

1 Like

I just reported it in the bug section with images, so let’s hope they work on it.

I want to be optimistic, I really do, but based on how the devs have treated doom and his bugs before, I can’t.

1 Like

They did just give us this post: Doomfist Bug Report: We've Had Enough of the 40+ Bugs - #26 by TomPowers

Yeah that’s a good point, you are right.