Secret Private ExC? (day 2 edit)

Just getting this off my chest because it’s bugging me.

Recently (within the last 2 weeks) can’t remember which video, a youtuber talked about a future ExC.

From the details I remember, Devs are trying to keep this one secret and private to an only certain group of youtubers and OWL players.

Because the youtuber talked about “Legal Stuff”.

Meaning he likely wasn’t even supposed to be talking about it.

But let it slip while mostly focusing on another topic.

Now wondering what it exactly had… (maybe it was a huge EXC like the one in April)

Anyway back to Skyrim. About to do The Dark Brotherhood Quest Line.

day2 edit: Thats where it was.

Hoping soon, is sooner then months from now.

Now to spend the day moving my pile of treasure from one part of Skyrim to the other.

Edit part 2: see ★ New CREATOR EXPERIMENTAL patch notes (Big changes) - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com) For what andy talking about

Part 3: Edit: adding the second provided link: What an interesting hypothesis: Creator Experimental Card and Creator Cup - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

8 Likes

The balance team would have to be pretty nuts to do a secret/private ExC in the game’s state

16 Likes

…The balence team is already insane in my view.

(But then Everyone is in my view.)

7 Likes

It’s not even secret… lol

AndyB literally responded to this question.

4 Likes

Welp I guess I was just bugged no one was actually talking about it…

Anyway time for Critical Role/ Skyrim chill time.

2 Likes

If this is true, it would make absolutely no sense. The game is already in a state where players are leaving en masse, why would they risk driving off even more players by outright telling them they don’t matter? I guess the logical explanation would be that execs were upset that their last public exc card was (rightfully) called trash and wanted feedback from players who would happily kiss their feet for $$$. Maybe they think that a streamer exc would be better-received, but that’s also a delusion on their part because the OWL exc in March was one of the worst-received ever. It would almost definitely have the same problems of “buff my mains and nerf their counters”.

That being said, I can completely see it being true. Considering how extravagantly Blizzard’s execs have dropped the ball leading up to this point, it might be par for the course. Unless this card magically fixes most of the problems with the game, its going to be a total disaster.

6 Likes

Yeah all these streamers/content creators in that private dev discord thing are all doing an experimental or something like that

i dont know it seems like the april 1st experimental was the best card ever and it was meant to be as a joke… kinda ironic

well thats how i felt dont know how other people felt about it

2 Likes

There is no private, secret, clandestine, or even slightly sketch Experimental Card.

48 Likes

It came from a surprise to see you answer. Kinda off topic but how was your Thanksgiving?

I mean… It’s not like you’d confess to it if there was. :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

That’s just what someone hiding a private, secret, clandestine, or even slightly sketch Experimental Card WOULD say!

3 Likes

gesundheit?

7 Likes

To be fair, the OWL Exc card should be renamed to Plat/Gold Tier caster Exc card, since that’s more realistic to what happened.

3 Likes

Well why don’t you make a public one then, bestie

Confused by the use of the word “sketch” in this context.

You see, sometimes they release a patch that they know is absolute trash, like Genji’s 2020 megabuff to make OWL a little more fun for the Summer Showdown. They call those ones sketch because they know they’re bad, but they do it anyways.

3 Likes

That doesn’t sound right.

No i’m sure it s so secret that even you dont know about it XD

You guys will know when it’s gonna happen

1 Like