SEASON 9 ENDING SOON - Discussion

Continuing the discussion from Season 9 Ending Soon:

As you can see, the standard announcement post for end-of-season has been posted, that being said I am starting this free flowing thread to generate CONSTRUCTIVE discussion for everyone to post their hopes and wishes for Season 10.

This season, was one of my less-favorable ones. I must admit, I kinda got tilted a few nights this season, and I paid dearly for it as I am likely to end at a less than average SR than my past three seasons. Still, not enough to get upset at this game.

I will note, I had the best matches when I grouped up with reliable players. I am starting to group up with people that I have met in person recently and we are making it work! Two nights ago, I played with a person online that had I met at Overwatch Flash Ops event in the Microsoft Store in Lone Tree, Colorado last Thursday. Guess what, our six-man group did REALLY well! So that being said, I will continue to campaign that we need more incentives to group up in Overwatch. This means getting rid of group-priority matchmaking and introducing in-game systems to group up together such as a guild/clan system.

What hopes do you have for Season 10?

1 Like

tbh when blizz doesnt do any changes to the matchmaking… i will stop caring about improving and take it as qp

There will be not much difference from Season 9 to Season 10 just like Season 8 to Season 9. The only difference will likely be even more smurfs, leavers, trolls, throws, toxicity, horrible mmr, drop 1 to 2 tiers even though you have never been that low throughout all seasons (except season 1 since that format was different) but yeah, it isn’t the system lmao.

You know there’s gonna be minimum changes for the exact opposite reason right? Like the facts or not, the upgraded report system and avoid as teammate features have been improving the experience for a lot of players, and cutting down on toxicity and bad behavior. They don’t need to change all that much when the playerbase itself is capable of improving things themselves

There will definitely be more changes down the line, everyone agrees the game isn’t perfect, but it’s self improving with the features they’ve already added. Not every new change will be at the start of a season.

Server stability. I still don’t understand how my setup didn’t change at all, yet I went from 0 disconnects in Season 8 to 15-ish in Season 9. Slowly working through a 2nd support ticket, but it does seem strange.

For you I would recommend doing careful connection WinMTR tests in non-critical game modes. More than likely there is a problem between you and the game server but not either end. I can help you with that in the Tech Support forum.

I did WinMTR tests for 8 hours, which requires restarting the WinMTR IP for every single match, to catch a disconnnect, and it provided no helpful data according to Blizzard Support. As I said, I’m working through my second (reopened) support ticket now, but I just find the situation very odd and have heard others having similar issues in Season 9.