Season 10 meta:

Let’s stunned not stunned enforce stunned a stunned specific stunned meta.

Dive might be gone, but are we really happy with what we got? stunned

9 Likes

Go gold …. there aren’t that many Brigittes and half of them suck, but the outcome of matches are mostly random.

I will take dragon ball over dive every time

I call it the Pinball meta.

I’d post the gif that I always post but my level 3 is gone. Feelsbadman.

2 Likes

hahah true dat… true dat…

Pinball? stunned What gravaton’d does punched that shattered imply?

1 Like

Yes… Yes I am very happy. In mid plat I am seeing way more variety of heroes in my matches now, and it is honestly a blast to play in season 10.

P.S. Does the fact that you are at 785 SR with a diamond icon mean you mass threw matches? if so… SHAME!!!

1 Like

Love this new name, I’m gonna use it :grin:

1 Like

Yes I’m enjoying this season, playing Rein/Moira/sometimes Zarya/Mercy/Brig.

HOW YOU DROPPED SO MUCH?
tell me

1 Like

will there ever be a META that people doesn’t hate?

the game should have no meta. meaning that a team comp can be countered by a team comp, and that team comp can again be countered by a different team comp that red team used in the begining… in an endless circle of switch. of ‘‘COUNTER’’ . like the game should be.

“At least this meta is playable”

[Stunning intensifies]

1 Like

You mean everything pre-triple tank? Because back then, you could choose anything and not get obliterated by one strat.

1 Like

i don’t know how it was, back then. i started playing only a few days before Hog get destroyed, but… i was talking in a more improved version. like not really using random heroes. really having strategy that consist of using one team comp to counter another, and then the countered team go to another comp to counter the other one. not an almighty meta that rule them all.

While I disagree that it’s really -that- oppressive, at least at my play level (around 3k), I would be fine with Rocket Punch being the only ability to stun/knock back through shields. DF Uppercut / Brig shield bash could be stopped by shields and that’d probably be enough to alleviate all complaints.

Looking at the pickrates, the further up you go the more it transitions from the Brigitte meta to the Double Sniper Meta.

And the longer the season continues the more apparent that will become. Brigitte is steadily dropping out of the meta looking at the pickrate trends.

I think a big part of it is the threat of Brigitte.

Dive can keep snipers down. Perhaps Hanzo less so since his rework, but all the same, dive could touch him and deathball can’t.

However it just takes one swap to Brig and your dive stops working unless you dive at a professional level. That’s just not a risk worth taking, better to mirror match. She may not be the best hero during deathball, but she is certainly great at enforcing a meta.

As shown by the pro level the buffs Widowmaker got made her able to function both with and against dive due to the shorter cooldown on her grapple which made her able to consistently escape when being dived unless the diver was a very persistent Genji.

Combine with Hanzo’s new power and he would slot right into dive as well as against it since he can melt the dive tanks easily. In fact at the pro level that is already happening even though they have old Hanzo.

Also shown by the pro level is that even swapping to Brigitte is not a sure thing, as we have been getting more matches where the Brigitte is unable to stop dive and only blunt it a bit. Furthermore this is also being shown by some of the more adaptable tracer player content creators they have developed tactics for how to play around a Brigitte and abuse her when she is on cooldown.

She may be good at dive, and is a dive counter, but is not a silver bullet pick this and dive is useless mega hard counter.

Which is part of why she is falling out of the meta and double sniper is steadily taking its place. The same meta that has been developing on the pro level even with old hanzo.

in b4 stunned jajajaja

Isnt the meta hanzo and friends?