✊🏿 Seagull/OWL shows DF was OVERNERFED

I never said I had a problem with him as Ana ? Did I ? I find him a general nuisance that should not have been made, much like some people feel about Brig. But okay, I suddenly have an problem without even knowing. Thank you for the enlightenment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a definite correlation with Ana mains and Doomfist hate, just saying. And you do have a problem with him as Ana, she is your main.

4 Likes

Not anymore, I often more play Moira than Ana nowdays, but thank you for saying what my main is. :slight_smile:

Indeed.
Hog was a BS and sometimes even freelo but he isn’t causing too much character picking problem, especially when Zarya was kinda popular that a bubble could mess a Roadhog’s day. He also kept competitive dive comp in check/difficult

Thanks, I just want to bring this to light so that the confusion is hopefully lessened. A lot of people think it was unintentional, a lot of people think it was a visual bug… but it was neither.

It was a completely intentional stealth nerf hidden behind false data so people who wouldn’t know any better would not realize. Though if they truthfully had anything to say on it that wasn’t made to attempt to cover it up further, I would love to hear it.

1 Like

Seagull : “I hate Mercy so much”

Blizzard : *reworks Mercy and then nerf her

Seagull : “Ultimates are way too powerful, there’s no downside in using them all at once”

Mass Rez :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2019/05/4/1548943131-6e1.jpg

Seagull’s special skill is complaining that certain changes should be made and then complaining about the consequences of these exact same changes

12 Likes

Devs: “we based DF off fighting games so he can do combos!”

Also Devs: “nerfed DF so he can’t do combos.”

DF was a very poorly throughout hero. OP is doing God’s work.

At least now I can go back to calling him Doomsuck or Suckfist. Which one sounds better? I think i prefer Suckfist.

8 Likes

Great post! Doomfist is annoying to deal with, but he has a lot of problems that need to be fixed.

That being said, I kind of feel like he just needs to be reworked into a tank at this point. He’s already as big as one. And his kit is more in line with a tank than a DPS, by a long shot.

Thank you for that post. It is exactly the kind of detailed post the devs love to say is contructive feedback and helps them balance the game.

That is, if they even bother to read it or even care to click on a Doomfist thread to begin with.

He’s not as popular as D.va or Mercy, so I guess him being viable and good to play isn’t in their priority list.

I fully agree, Seismic slam needs to be reverted (I’d argue even the CC nerf to it was overkill, since now it doesn’t even pull people towards you, but if the bugs are fixed, then it is manageable).

I also agree that if they want to make meteor strike have as little impact as it does now, they need to make it charge faster and reset cooldowns (which is the main reason a lot of players used it for anyway, getting kills was just a bonus).

6 Likes

anyone who wasn’t biased and had half a brain could tell that DF was overnerfed, the problem is, the forums is full of whiners who think that any dps that can kill properly is overpowered. this will continue to happen to any viable dps. a few weeks ago they were demanding Ashe nerfs. THE most balanced at launch hero in the game. The problem with this game is blizzards refusal to pick a balancing side. Stop caving to casual forum whiners, and just balance around pro play. Its more important for them than it could ever be for any of us. There is literally no reason not to balance around them.

9 Likes

I’ve already tested it numerous times and seen it work that way. You are 5th he skeptic.

Well summarized OP. thank you !!!

4 Likes

Well in like 4000 posts ive never seen anyone make that claim, which means i have a pretty good reason to be skeptic. so you have fun.

I have tested it before, numerous times over numerous seasons. Again though as you are the skeptic I doubt you believe my numerous tests as well as evidence that it works that.

Didn’t you ever wonder why Torb and Sym had such an oddly high win rate?

Evidence? you havnt provided any lmao.

You mean like if someone picked them for a niche first point then switched giving them a higher winrate, just like blizzard themselves have confirmed.

People didn’t know how to play doomfist until guys like brandito made them learn the playstyle and how doomfist can be effective… One year in and nobody knew how to even play the guy…

Roughly 2% pickrate at max while being a counter to the current meta…

You don’t play/know how to counter doomfist. And I, for one, love the design which makes him a higher risk faster reward flanker.

3 Likes

You should see how Korean and Taiwanese casuals love sucking “META”'s D. Their enthusiasm of mimicking streamer/youtuber is insane LMAO
Literally 8 DF per 10 games.
For the remaining 2, 1 of them have a dude almost lose the game and switch to DF for EZ instakill
S5 dive tank and S12(?) DF pickrate are the only times I don’t believe in Overbuff’s/MasterOverwatch’s statistics

Really ?? I had a completely different experience on EU servers and, trusting the overbuff pick rates, I think this is inherent to asian server maybe ?

I very rarely see doomfists in my games in EU, hence why I trust the pick rates on overbuff

Also I was thinking how goats isn’t played that much in my plat/diamond games but if you say

I suppose that’s the reason to switch to doomfist and would explain the very high pick rate you talk about

3 Likes

Doom was never OP, the only thing you needed to counter him was teamplay.
Zarya bubble, Hog grab, Brig burst heal, …
But ofc if no one helps you when ur getting targeted, you’re dead.

Same thing for Widow, now but with a lot less counterplay

2 Likes

Correction to the title :
Anyone with knowledge about game balance thinks Doomfist was over-nerfed”

Yeah it was too much, specially seismic slam range, the uppercut loss of control time (aka moonwalk producer) and ultimate damage.

2 Likes