Screen Freeze, Game Still Running Update

Weird update to my screen freezes but still can control character. In original post game would freeze but friends said I could still control my character for up to 5 seconds before it would say I left game. If happened at end of match would still get credit but screen would remain frozen. Audio would bug as well and loop a one second snip of music. Today played competitive and it happened and after a few seconds I was in the training range as sigma while I had been playing Winston in route 66. Could still hear match but was in training range on a different character randomly. When I logged out of Overwatch and back in my account had been suspended temporarily. Extremely frustrating getting penalized for bugs beyond my control. If anyone has ideas please help. Don’t want my account banned for dumb reasons.

This is all we have. It’s been over a week.

Thank you Raven. I am running an Intel i7 and it freezes but doesn’t go black. Hopefully they can get it sorted as I am having a great time with the game itself but the bugs and specifically the penalties are ridiculous. They need to suspend suspensions and such while they work things out as I have a lot of friends that have lost a ton of SR, endorsements and such due to issues like this. I have lost been bumped down from 4 to 3 endorsement twice as a penalty for crashing now since launch and it is super frustrating…

1 Like

What’s interesting to me about that thread is people are reporting the issue on Pentium, i3, i5, and i7 but the focus seems to be primarily on i3 CPUs, which leads me to believe that if a fix IS being worked on, they may be looking in the wrong area for a solution. I myself have an i3 and the game freezes, with the audio loop you mentioned, shows “Not Responding” in Task Manager and requires an “End Task” to close.

I am running “Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz 4.20 GHz” specifically and an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 and have my screen freeze on a regular basis. I can hear that I have control of my character still but the screen display is just frozen. I am running current GPU drivers.

This issue makes the game nearly unplayable. I get sick of it freezing so often just stop playing in frustration. Blizzard really needs to get this fixed.