Scandinavian flags in the game

We got austrian and romanian flag as central european flags but no hungarian flag.

*Nordic flags. Finland isn’t in Scandinavia and it never will be in Scandinavia.

3 Likes

Officially, yes. Language-wise tho…

“The term Scandinavia in local usage covers the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. However, in English usage, the term also sometimes refers to the Scandinavian Peninsula, or to the broader region including Finland and Iceland”

The team which participated in the OW World Cup in previous editions got their flag as a profile icon.

So that’s the answear guys.

Anyway, Romania is more inclined with Eastern Europe than Central.

1 Like

Norway have been in OW World Cup since 2016.

there are countries that had their flag, but was removed - blizzard keeps it quitet, dont even want to answer why they removed it… will it get back… anything

1 Like

The peninsula only covers parts of Norway, Sweden and a fraction of Finland though. That leaves Denmark and Iceland completely out. That’s why the term Scandinavian is usually used when referring to Norway, Sweden and Denmark - the Scandinavian languages. The term Nordic adds Iceland and Finland to that. So I’d say it’s best to use the word Nordic here.

2 Likes

Ya’ll missing the point, and make a big deal out of it. Would it really hurt your game if they added a flag? No, of course not. Why fight it? Jeez.

Seriously? Wow, than i have no explanation.

Maybe Romania will get a Transylvanian map during halloween, maybe that can explain my country.

1 Like

Explain Finland, Denmark, Israel etc.

Norway even got lore in the game, the attack in Oslo was the reason for Retribution, yet no flag.

Since we have Dracula and Van Helsing skins thats not a bad idea :smiley:

Hook us up Blizzard! Please!

1 Like

Dracula lived in walachia not in Transylvania. Transylvania wasn’t even part of romania back then. Hell there wan’t even romania…

What’s a Norway? Is that like a baby Sweden?

1 Like

I still hope we could buy those icons… or can we? I doupt my luck to get a finnish flag.

You can’t buy them no. But at least yours in the game.

Norway is literally the only Scandinavian country excluded, and we’re even in the Overwatch World Cup and gonna play US and Canada later. It’s so frustrating to be excluded like that.

1 Like

I don’t really see why they couldn’t just add the flags of all the countries in the world. It’s not like they need to spend a lot of time doing art or design. They are flags, the design is set and the art is probably publicly available as free to use even for commercial use.

2 Likes

i mean at that point who cares about some profile pic flags

1 Like

I do. Otherwise I wouldn’t have been complaining about it.

Then you should change your priority in your life.

1 Like