Say NO to private profiles

Do you even know what trolling is ?
I reposted to not let this thread die , especially because of the problems private profiles is causing now.

I cant help but notice that your profile is private.

1 Like

its private by default and im currently on a vacation.

1 Like

Meanwhile, your own profile is private. Once again. Failed troll is trolling for attention.

Read the post above , i am on a vacation, i cant set it to public.

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to General Discussion - Please Read!:

There are eleventy million other threads about this topic. This particular one didn’t need to be revived for the devs to notice. What makes you think your thread is gonna be the golden thread that makes the devs change their minds?

1 Like

i know that its a post in a million of posts , but its still had a huge responses.

1 Like

It will bring more toxicity than what it will stop
The game will be waay more toxic with this
for example:
A Person who has NEVER played genji and is in a high rank insta-locks him , claims that he has over 300 hours with him but in reality he just plays d.va and reinhardt.

This is the 8th person I’ve seen in the last 5 minutes that has this opinion while hiding their own profile.

facepalm i litreally just said above that im on a vacation and still isnt back home

Probably should have waited until you were back from vacation to post that. You’re not the only one with that opinion and private settings.

the post was there before it went live lol.

1 Like

Spotting cheaters is one of my main issues with the Private Profiles.
Seen a lvl 1000+ Zenyatta main (he didn’t hide his stats), high diamond SR and he pulled off some impressive shots - this dude really knows how to play.
On the other hand a lvl 120 goes from last to second place, gaining 10 eliminations after switching to widowmaker?
Possible. He might be smurf/widow main. If he had 100 hours on widow and at least platinum rank I could probably believe it.
But I can’t check.

Last week I got the weekly 9 wins in 11 deathmatch games.
This week I lost ten games in a row.

Yes - this happened before, my usual is closer to 6/10. I don’t think everyone is a cheater or a smurf.
But I see people with accounts that look almost new who outplay diamond ranked players and I can’t even check what their stats are.
And the funny thing is - high level, high rank players didn’t hide their info from what I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

Use looking for group and set your own rules. A lot people got bullied because your rank and all the toxicity it brings. It is good how it is now.

Often it’s too late for that by the time you ask them to swap.

…if they bother to swap anyway

Some people just don’t know how to play games. (It’s supposed to be fun.) If you can’t do that, your whole life is roasted.

I’d rather have a team of people who lack experience but can work together, this allows people to learn more of the game and ultimately get better.

I’d rather the community learn to diversify in a setting that plays wholly differently from Quickplay. (Becasue Comp != Qp) This prevents people from being crappy to others that want to learn. So yeah, This is a good thing. ^^^^

People not picking what you want? How unfortunate.
grow up.

I think you just summed it up mate.

QP for fun.

Competitive for the try hards.

There’s nothing wrong with people taking comp very seriously if that’s what they enjoy. Who knows, they may even make a living from it.

Comp is intended for the more serious player. Making it more casual to appease players who are probably better suited to arcade and quick play modes is one of the issues here I think.

honestly i dont mind if people make them private but if its there by default i dont think most of us will care enough to turn it off.

1 Like

No
20characters…