Save sym before it's too late ( she's too weak)

I’d hardly call her new ult “useless”. Anything that can do something to an extent that you have to describe it in an extreme is going to have some kind of use. My guess is that the hope is it helps blunt the sniper meta so that they Hanzo and Widowmaker don’t have to get eviscerated by the nerf bat between now and the OWL grand finals.

3 Likes

Woah woah, wait until the pros force the insta nerf before you say she still needs buffs.
But in all seriousness, this new play style opens up a lot of synergy(SYMergy) with team play. Let it go live. If it still needs buffs afterwards, then I’d support them, but it can wait.

2 Likes

I’ve played Symmetra since beta and 10 seasons after that. Sym 3.0 is objectively worse in every department save for the throwing turrets mechanic. Everything else is realistically worse.

For a DPS (now) character, she is the only character which has an ult that doesn’t help kill anything. The ult lasts 15 only seconds, what’s the point of having 5000 hp? It’s not even a true barrier, it can be by-passed by Riptire, Diva bomb, Grav and Dragon. Genji can dash + ult through it with a nano. OW map design is such that any enemy team can easily reposition. Pharmercy can by-pass it as well as any competent widow. EMP can disrupt it. Hell, you can flat out wait it out.

She fits a DPS slot - Junkrat is a more reliable shield buster. Pharah has more mobility + angle. Soldier has more survivability, Reaper is better at killing Winston, Sombra can disrupt. Why the hell would you pick Symmetra when literally every DPS hero does her job better and has more use than her.

Wait for what, wait for how much - 10 seasons not enough wait? Get outta here man.

2 Likes

I’m talking about after the ptr buffs come out

Edit:

I mean, I don’t mean to say it was obvious, but if you just read like a sentence before the line you quoted, you’d see that

1 Like

If she goes live, they ain’t gonna touch her for another two years.

1 Like

Nah people are hyped for it. If it’s disapointing people will complain

2 Likes

At least someone gets it. How many more disappointments we have to go through before she’s practically reasonable to play then stay behind someone for protection. She’s a dps now and she gotta push forward even though her gameplay haven’t change since beta. She was a decent flanker up until now.

I mean from what I have experience with her kit. She helps the team out no doubt meaning she’s still support role.

However with her dps kit she’s totally went down the drain and the missing photon barrier that gave her protection on push is no longer there. Auto lock or not she’s no where capable of keeping herself alive in situations. Not like that matter before, but it’s worst.

Overall what players don’t realize is that Overwatch developers do not do tweaks every new season or in between like Heroes of the Storm. Overwatch keep their meta stale for long periods of time. If she was to get a buff then most likely it’s going to be another rework in a year or two. Why I say this is that there was no improvement on her 2.0.

They neglected all the feedback because they did not want her taking a spotlight, they assumed she’d be super strong when it hasn’t been tested by the playerbase to confirm that. Symmetra performance most likely take her out of F tier to D.

Yeah just like Symmetra 2.0 and nothing happen after that. All those complaints and suggestions thrown out just to be implemented in 3.0. A few of them.

1 Like

:rofl: People are complaining. Practically every Sym player thinks she is objectively worse. Maybe you should go to the PTR section.

1 Like

Dunno why you guys are fighting me on this. I said let it hit live, if it busts on it’s way out they’ll buff her because all eyes will be on her.

2 Likes

Yeah we saw how that worked out with Sym 2.0, no thank you I would rather them fix her while she is still in PTR.

Wouldn’t say we’re fighting you on this, but you are coming up with those responses. If anything if you want to end the debate just say like you said in your post. “Let’s see how she performs when she goes live and leave it at that.” That’s how you end an discussion if you don’t want to prolong it.

Lol I’m not trying to debate, as much as I’m trying to be on your side.

1 Like

its not melee range though and she still has regen healing

2 Likes

Look it’s a very sensitive topic xD. We’re scared that she might not be as successful and knowing Overwatch track record of balance and tweaking heroes. It worries us.

1 Like

I’ll be here in two months to tell you how wrong you were.

Yeah I mean, I get you, I play Sombra, so I know it’s weird, but I don’t think you can get it right on the PTR.

I think you just don’t understand how to use new sym, her right clicks are your main source of damage, you talk all about her beam, that shows me enough that you are playing her wrong.

1 Like

Can’t be worst than the trash we have on the live

We’re not sure if we can get after the ptr. They didn’t do it for Symmetra 1.0, Symmetra 2.0 and I know for sure 3.0 won’t get it. They will have to impress us if they truly care about the health of this game in balancing.

Any Sym main is aware of her offense. This is about how useful she’s going to be outside of her utilities and if there’s problem. Will they try to fix her besides bugs?

Actually the trash that’s live now is a bit better than her besides the teleport support.

If Sym 3.0 goes live the way she currently is that would be the end of Sym. Not even dedicated Sym players would use her anymore, 10 seasons is enough. Every DPS currently does her role better.

1 Like