Save sym before it's too late ( she's too weak)

READ ALL OF THE POST BEFORE POSTING

All sym discussion has seemed to stop which is scary because we need to stop ptr symmetra from coming onto live servers because rn she’s still too underpowered

She’s better but she is not good enough

Her nerf really did her in. They needed her dps tick ratio making it impossible to defend yourself from flankers. She actually feels More like a support then before

I know that May come as a shock but think about it. She has less surviveability then before. She used to be able to grant herself 75 extra hp with shield gen and she could use photon barrier to block things like mcree stun with was a necessity

Now she has worse survivability then before. bad survivability cannot work with little range, you have to get in closeness to do dps yet you can’t because you can’t survive

So you are left with having to orb spam and us turrets, which makes her still passive

She will not be able to survive in a teamfight, she has the least amount of survivability in this game now, it’s even worse then zen

At least with zen you could shoot people a sym they came to you from range but with sym you are a sitting duck unless you tp away, but then you can’t use your tp for teamplay, so yet again your kit fights with itself

How will she fit into the dps slot when she can run survive a brawl fight, she hasn’t no dps ult, is as divable and vulnerable as the supports and can’t duel and dps. She’s like old sym where old sym couldn’t fit neatly into a support slot, now she can’t fit neatly into a dps slot

I mean her ult was low key made just to make sombra in a better position let’s be real

She needs help

44 Likes

Not going to happen, enjoy the new changes.

58 Likes

They need to fix the rampant bugs if they haven’t already. You can’t realisticslly judge how strong she is when nothing in her kit is functioning as intended. And if the bugs stay, it’s at best a side-grade and at worst a nerf to a hero that couldn’t afford it.

3 Likes

Symmetra can LITERALLY only go up and improve with these changes. As someone who plays her myself I’m very much excited for the new things this rework will bring. If anything need to be fixed on her it’s the bugs she may still have.

19 Likes

Then they’ll work on buffs if needed when players get to play her in real matches. Ptr is worthless at showing if I character is powerful or not.

2 Likes

This “only up” mentality makes no sense to me. Have you never heard of a side-grade? You absolutely can change something to be “different” but no better or worse than before.

6 Likes

The rework isn’t just about making Symmetra strong, it’s about turning her into something that can be viable without everyone hating the game. If she ends up being out of balance from there, they’ll have room to buff/nerf her.

7 Likes

But she isn’t going to go up enough

I can buff bastion by giving him 301 hp

He hasn’t no where to go but up but it isn’t enough

1 Like

She one of if not the worse chaarcter in the game and has been for 2 years. Her changes can only make her better than she was before.

2 Likes

She can’t be viable without being somewhat strong

This rework won’t cut it

Ok, I can tell you right now sym will be meta. So will torb, after syms rework on ptr I’ve seen the most strange looking comps DESTROYING the meta ones from live.

I’m actually excited for the Mobile meta, a meta where any hero has mobility provided by sym.

3 Likes

If it doesn’t cut it, they can fix it from there. That’s the point.

How can one of the worst characters in the game not go up from these changes? Even if it somehow doesn’t raise her pickrate by a lot it makes her more effective and less of a throw pick in people’s eyes.

6 Likes

Sym needs 50 more hp, I still think it’s ridiculous how sym is the only melee range DPS with 200 HP

9 Likes

It not going to happen though

Everyone though that her first rework in 2016 would make her meta and it didn’t

This is the same thing, this isn’t enough of a power boost

1 Like

I could see someone calling her live orbs (right click) passive, but the new orbs on PTR are anything but. They are fast flying, easier to lead into enemies, and explosive.

Her survivability is in her teleporter and her (admittedly lame) ultimate.

5 Likes

This is such a childish black-and-white way of seeing it. Let me explain it using this example. If you upgrade you internet service to give you a higher speed, but your infrastructure can’t support the higher data speed, you won’t see any improvement at all. You can say “oh but it’s a straight upgrade!” All you want but that won’t change the fact that your actual experience is no better than it was before.

3 Likes

Her first rework was changing an ability and a new ultimate. This latest one changed EVERYTHING.

1 Like

Well her old rework didn’t cut it and it took another year

We need to act quick so we don’t make the same mistake as last time

I agree. All heros with a shorter range have a bit more health than other heros in the same role (reaper, mei, brig, doomfist) so she should get the same treatment.

4 Likes