Sad thing is bliz will implement 3-2-1 no matter what

Its still funny to me how the community has stated so many times

“What if d.va didnt have 400 armor, but instead just wasn’t decimated by headshots”

This has never once been tried.

2 Likes

Blizzard has been given tons of well thought out feedback on what could actually work, but they ignore all of it because they think they know best on everything. We can all see how well that has been working out. They still don’t seem to get it though.

Wow… you already have the full vision of a comp that is in the experimental mode since just not even 1 day, that hasn’t even came to ranked, and you already know everything, ok dude… However, I read your thread, for example you say that dps players will have to coordinate with tanks and healers and protect healers if they want heals. Here you clearly know that healers will be more dps dependent and you don’t care if it means that they will have less indipendence and decision power as healers. If dps keep you alive you stay alive, if not… you die against 2 flankers. And this confirms this thread: these changes are only for dps and in dps favor and against the other 2 roles.

Lol, I never said it was the ideal setup for the game. But I don’t see how supports would be less dependent on DPS when there are 50% more of them. Dunno why you’re trying to twist words here, I’m telling it like it is.

What?! I said the exact opposite… You know that healers will be more dps dependent and less INdependent. So whatever you think… this change is only for dps and against healers and tanks…

Ok, first of all that was me agreeing. You said that I argued that supports would be more dependent on DPS. And I replied with yeah, I don’t see how they would depend on DPS LESS (so obviously it would be more).

Second, this change is for DPS queue times. Blizz never said it was for balance.

Third, yes of COURSE I know how it pans out and made a guide for it. 1/3/2 has been around in uncoordinated comp games, QP, etc, for YEARS. This is not new, it’s a return to the old days of Overwatch, albeit with new heroes and balance in greater flux

1 Like

Ok, sorry, I didn’t understand.

I know it, but this doesn’t mean that they can change comp without balancing… It doesn’t matter if they nerf/buff heroes directly or not… fact is that with 1-3-2 the balance of the game changes. They can’t act as if nothing appens and let dps and healers untouched just because it’s only for the queue time… because if they don’t balance the game they will do it anyway indirectly by changing the comp… “It’s only for the queue” is not an excuse for me.

Why is it silly?? I actually totally agree with this view.

So… Exactly like most of the people who used to complain about 2/2/2, right?

We can agree on that. The guide was to help people adapt to 1/3/2 as it is right this moment. Blizz knows they have to make changes, but there’s no way they would have known what change every hero needed on a per-hero basis without seeing players in action

what?? no. we dont know if this is going to be in the game or not. thats why its EXPERIMENTAL. dunno where you got that from

Not everyone is in love with 2/2/2, a lot of people left.

And many others came back… What’s your point exactly?

I was asking you the same thing.

Did Jeff say it wont be implemented??? Lol

I just explained some of the things I didn’t agree to from what the person I originally replied to had said… :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

They tested things internally and they made those tanks changes based on that, and in a mode called “experimental” you can afford to nerf/buff without too many data etc… However, now they have some feedback and data, there are no more excuses, let’s see…

First of all: It’s very possible that they won’t implement 1-3-2 at all. It’s important to remember that just because something is on Experimental Card,that doesn’t mean it’ll be fully implemented.

Second: tanks and supports create and dictate metas. And something needs to be done about them if people want things to move forward. I don’t need to mention Moth Meta,GOATs,Double Shield… even Double Sniper was just another name for a Rein/Zarya meta. No one likes being forced to play the same heroes over and over again.

Third: if nerfs and buffs only happened to “cater to DPS” then Bastion,Symmetra,Sombra,Pharah,etc wouldn’t have been nerfed to the ground and left in F tier.

1 Like

Yeah by telling him that he sounded like everyone else who complained about 2/2/2 but I guess they no longer exist? I said that not everyone is in love with 2/2/2, and a lot of people left. That implies that when people who don’t like 2/2/2 leave, the game is left with people who do.

A lot of people do like 1/3/2 though, myself included. To me it feels like original 2016 overwatch in a lot of ways. It’s chaotic, it’s supposed to be chaotic.

Heavy tanks and heals and shields and armor and barriers isn’t fun. I thought we didn’t like deathball? GOATS was the most extreme version of deathball and Blizz have been trying to escape that ever since. Isn’t THAT why 2/2/2 released?

except that they do cator to DPS. 3-2-1 was for DPS. Getting rid of goats was for DPS. There are more DPS heroes than any other role. Tanks/supports are more likely to get nerfed over DPS.

1 Like

They are reducing queue times to keep people wanting to play the game. That’s not catering to DPS, that’s catering to PLAYERS. Everyone benefits from shorter queues. If tank or support became a longer queue, they would try to fix that as well.

As for GOATS, they didn’t break goats to cater to DPS. They did it because 3/3 was getting incredibly stale. If one comp beats everything else then there’s no variety left.

2 Likes