SA server OW2 please

we need the SA server, 200 ping is so bad

56 Likes

What happen with the SA server to play the Ow2 beta? :frowning:

1 Like

it doesnt exist

6 Likes

I feel this comes to the fact of how many in that region have beta access. If there are not enough players matchmaking will more than likely route you to the North American datacenters as the next best option.

5 Likes

nah, we didnt go to NA
just at this beta

2 Likes

that dosnt make any sense at all, overwatch got like 1,1 million viewers on twitch, actual people trying to get the access and you gonna tell me that of all that million of viewers, 9 on them werent on a SA server? cmon my man, we are no fool. get the server up.

4 Likes

In spite of how rude some people can be, it is true that we are not getting routed to servers in South America. Can you find out if they are even up? I came across several players in my region and yet we were always playing in NA - 200-250ms, making it nearly unplayable. Usually in OW1, quick play matches are easy to find which makes me hesitant to think no one is playing from SA during the twitch drops and invitations that were sent out.

7 Likes

Have had 3 games where everyone was typing Korean or Chinese(I think) and I had 200 ping. A couple other games where nobody said anything but had 200 ping. Normal games I get an average of 60 latency. I usually have very consistent latency.

Those games are pretty hard to aim in. I fully expect to not win those. I live in NA, in the Midwest.

2 Likes

Exactly, imagine everyone on SA with that

2 Likes

Thereā€™s not a server for SA in the beta, i think they are using the same servers they used with PTR, in which we also didnt had any SA server available.
Thereā€™s a lot of people playing the beta and complaining about the same, its not routing cause thereā€™s not a server to route to, so it send us to ORD1

1 Like

NA server isnā€™t the next best option, itā€™s actually the only option. And thatā€™s not fair.

3 Likes

LF> SA server please!! Thank you.

2 Likes

Itā€™s true, thereā€™s no functioning SA server on the Beta at the moment. We are all getting 200+ ms in our games and being matchmaked with people from all sorts of regions, making it really hard to test the game and give proper feedback.

We would be very thankful if you could implement an SA server for this Beta or at least the Open Beta incoming. It would drastically improve the experience.

5 Likes

Blizzard we need server latam, ping is so high, please

3 Likes

Pls blizzard help us

2 Likes

we need a server!!!

2 Likes

Please add LATAM/SA server

4 Likes

Itā€™s not just SA, iā€™m from South East Asia, and the game puts me in NA/EU servers with 300ping, they could have easily put me in any Asia server and my game will be fine, donā€™t tell me there isnā€™t enough players in Korea/Japan and Taiwan combined.

Itā€™s almost as if the game is set to ā€œFind matches ASAPā€ instead of ā€œFind Best Connectionā€

6 Likes

donā€™t mean to sound like a crybaby and we know devs are under a lot of pressure right now, i respect & appreciate your work, but if youā€™re telling us youā€™re offering localized servers and we are telling you weā€™re not getting into them ā€” somethingā€™s not adding up. see how many people have commented on this thread? and how many more people are tweeting at you about the ping issue? game only needs 10 of us to be on at the same time. iā€™ve been playing with a full team of friends and we are still being sent to servers in chicago IL every single time. the game canā€™t find 5 other people in latam to match us up with? bit unlikelyā€¦

please acknowledge this. weā€™re not complaining just for heck of it; it affects gameplay so much and weā€™ve been waiting yeeeeeears for this!

11 Likes

Yeah we need to continue to ask them
We were neglected enough

1 Like