S13 - Get of low elo 100% or your money back!

I think she is but you need a good foundation of game sense, awareness and positioning. I watched someone pick her up at her release and they learned her effortlessly and quickly. They play Zarya/Tracer/Pharah/Widow in comp otherwise.

At this moment i feel like Mace2TheƑace and MemeMachine have to be the same person.

1 Like

I have faith that anyone at Platinum or lower that follows my guide will climb, at least 200-300 Sr. I’m going to use it myself and report every day on my progress (or lack of).

You say I’m smufing (but I don’t know Brigette, I’m overranked as her). Well I’ll do my best to climb as much as I can, I will record and upload every game so your can call me out if I break my guide or do a 360 noscope rocket flail flick 1v6 shenanigans.

My dream is getting masters. I know it’s not gonna happen because I’m not good enough, but ill try my best.
If I get diamond I will consider my guide a success, because that would mean I learned to play a new hero and I’m better than average players on her.

If I drop or stay plat I guess my guide isn’t any good. May happen. I’ll try to sleep well and stay out of alcohol and weed to have the best possible performance.

Watched it! OMG my assumptions on how to play brig were correct!!!

Today I’m gonna go to the practice range and practice the bash+flail movement combo, and the regular combo.

Then I’m gonna go into a custom game vs bots and practice that again, and flicking rocket flail, and trying to hit the bots.

I’ll use my ult, and I’ll have both me and the bots with and without Lucios to get used to the speed change.

Then I’m going to play a few 4v4 to warm up and practice for like… 30 min and then I’m going to do a few placements!

2 Likes

Who? Me? Yeah it’s my other account.

I’m at a level where the enemy genji is better than me, so I either improve my genji (which is hard because he’s one of the hardest heroes in the game, and not very easy to play in this meta) or I learn a new hero. I chose brig because she seems easy to play, can have a ton of impact and I think I can climb higher with her.

I can taste the salt from all the way over here.

3 Likes

Ok, first report!!!

I won 3, lost 1. Stopped for several minutes after every game. (up to 35 after game 3). I recorded all games, but only watched a few seconds of the 2 games i did badly, i identified the errors when they happened, i just didn’t fix my play.

Game 1:
Was the best by far, i got gold healing (vs mercy), followed the script to the letter, and felt really impactful in this match. I practiced my combo against bots before this game, and i killed the enemy tracer without fault almost every single time until she swapped.

Game 2.
We kinda got stomped, it was winnable, but mercy gave up and quit the game just before the last push. We deserved to lose anway.
I was very poorly positioned and gave my team very little value.

Game 3
Again out of position all game and provided little value. We won because i got carried.

Game 4
On point. We killed it, i ended 32-3 and didnt have any dps medals. I was silver heals against a moira / mercy (which DC for the last round and i was so sad we deserved the win… But she came back.
I did quite a few high impact plays, and was WAY better than the enemy brigette. 74% kill participation defensive assists.

My stats so far:
Time played 54 min
Winrate 75% (3-1)
Elims/life 4.27
Elims/10 17.56
Deaths/10 4.11
Damage/10: 3.8k
Healing/10: 6.9k

I dont feel outmatched at all. My Damage and healing stats i find worrisomely low, and my deaths are kind of low too, so im probably playing too passive. I need to position myself better so i can heal and damage more (both games i positioned badly i gave very little value).

Edit: according to overbuff im top 7% in heals, but top 70% in damage.
(and i have a few stats with top 5% or better). Im think im definitely climbing out of whatever rank im playing placements against). Or not, season is too young to provide any meaningful statistic.

Also im literally eating every single graviton. I need to work on that, but i have quite a lot of stuff to improve and it will be hard to do all at once.

That is so not true lol. You think a Diamond Brigitte can roll a GM Pharah? Tracer? McCree? That’s pure insanity. I 1v1 Master Brig’s as Tracer all day long. A Platinum Brigitte is even easier because they don’t even watch for my recall use to know when to be aggressive.

My point still stands. There are many Brigitte mains in the game, and most are not high-ELO. There is zero evidence to suggest that Brigitte enhances a bad players SR to a level where it should not be. Because what makes a player a Gold or Platinum is no longer a matter of mechanical skill. It’s how they coordinate with their team, play objective, ult use, and a variety of other things. I’ve played in every tier except for Grandmaster’s.

I can confirm that mechanical skill is something that no longer affects game outcomes after a while. It’s how teams perform as a unit. Low ELO players have no concept of that. They trickle in, fight away from objective, don’t push payload after massive team-kill and result with nothing, etc. It’s game knowledge.

Brigitte is an easy hero to play. There is no denying that. But how she is played and how a player chooses to utilize her to be the most effective to actually win games, and not just kill her opponents, is what makes a Silver Brigitte separate from a Master’s one.

You don’t have to be great with many heroes to “deserve” a rank. A GM Widowmaker deserves GM, as does a Tracer, a Ana, or anyone else. I play Master’s with DVA, Tracer, Mercy, and Widowmaker. I guess I don’t deserve my rank either because I only play 1 of each role. It’s pure absurdity.

1 Like

A bronze player that takes advice from anyone in general about anything regarding the game will improve enough to climb. The very reason they are Bronze is because they have no understanding of how the game fundamentally works. Brigitte is not a necessity to climb out of Bronze. That’s all I’m saying. She does not make bad players suddenly amazing. Brigitte is no more difficult than Mercy, yet they both require the ability of a player to make the most of their kits to allow their team to win. Teamwork is everything. Without it, you have nothing.

2 Likes

that helped me to go from gold to plat lol

You’re bronze so why do you keep saying ‘I’m play or if I stay at plat’? I’m getting really confused

Nice to see u I need Heeling lets see if it works

1 Like

He is a Genji plat main who smurfs in bronze with Brig, acting all innocent here and ruining the game for lower people, that’s all.

Also, this

I wouldn’t listen to someone who intentionally made and is still making games miserable for people lower than him, as if a bronze player would stand a chance against plat.

1 Like

Prob gonna stay in bronze man.

1 Like

Account finished S12 at 2.5k, and I’m playing a hero I don’t know. So if I’m a “genji plat main” Iike you say I should drop rank?
Im not playing against bronze.

how’s that working out so far?

Im so taking offense with that. I consider myself a very bad player and I think I do not deserve my rank. But I worked SO VERY HARD to get it, and I dislike platinum so much.
I finished S12 at 3.2k and finished over 3k for most seasons since season 6 in 2 accounts.

Also my Smurf (which is the OP) is barely 700 Sr apart from my main (and the MMR should be higher than 2.5). I didn’t play with bronze after I climbed mace.

Oh it’s amazing. Im having so much fun!!!
I learnt brig A LOT (I’m easily twice as good as yesterday).

The best thing is muted comms + no chat. I’m in HEAVEN. I loved every single one of my teams , every player. They all did their best and I did my best to enable them. Of course mistakes were made but it’s plat who doesn’t?

Here’s the full breakdown:

As a real-life Brigitte onetrick I can say that if you don’t pick her fast enough then play another hero that you can play, don’t throw games and pretend “well i didn’t get brig.”

I have all communications off so I don’t need to pretend anything. If they get brig from me I’m playing torbjorn to keep it lindholm!

edit: replied to wrong post, so;

Dear OP,
Buddy, if you like close quarters, love to brawl, love to peel, if you are interested in buffing your teammates with armor and bashing heads, I think you found your main.
If you already know the game you have a tremendous head start, and I’m sure if you undertake this experiment in earnest you are going to have a blast.
:sunglasses:

1 Like