Rumor about OW2 aiming for release before Summer 22

I have to admit that despite not being an e-sports fan, OwL has been a continual “Never a joy” in its development. The persistence of Goats Meta, the 2-2-2, the frustrating hero pool and the move to YT are clearly self-made consequences. but the health emergency in terms of tournaments, the economic problems of the franchises, the scandals of Synatraa, the Valiants (if you can define it as such) and above all the recent one … here we have a series of bad luck that no one could foresee. and I think it will not be the last hour that new information arrives on the Chinese government’s arrangements on the hours of play of minors (which we remember being the first audience that approaches the contenders and then the future of the OWL). I absolutely hope that OwL doesn’t go the way of the Heroes of the Storm e-sport. Nobody should NEVER have the same treatment, especially pro gamers who are abandoned in that context.

copying my take from another thread

honestly, it’s good that they’re forcing it out finally. normally, i’m 100% against rushing a game out before the devs are done, but you can only make people wait for so long. year 1 of OW was fantastic, in year 2 was light on new content, as the dev team said they’d be working on a ton of new stuff for year 3. then year 3 came along, and it was all about OWL. and then when year 4 came around, they announced OW2. since, then, we’ve had almost no real content. patience has run thin. they can get the new stuff out now, or they can wither and die in the same death spiral they’ve been in for years.

2 Likes