Rubber banding Without Lag

I am also having this issue very frequently. I’ve tried the steps mentioned above with network settings but no luck.

1 Like

i have this problem, i cant play anyone who is not point blank attacks, its bad. No fps drop, latency stays under 100 and low temps

1 Like

This is called packet loss, this happens when you have bad internet.

example: Lag spikes/packet loss in overwatch matches

As you can see from most replies it is not all about lag.
In overwatch one this did not occur to that extent of rubber banding.

Even overwatch team are aware that there is an issue “Finally, we want to ensure games play out fairly for all players in all matches. In a future patch, we’ll fix an issue that could cause some rubber banding in-game” from Post

3 Likes

Thankful they are looking into this because I have 0 packet loss but yet I get so much rubberbanding in this game its ridiculous. No other online fps are effected.

3 Likes

I finally got a response from Blizzard, so I will quote it below. Please try these things out yourself and see if it helps. If it does, please let them know the steps you took to resolve it, as I will do the same. If it doesn’t, tell them that it hasn’t been resolved. Hopefully this helps you guys.

I’m sorry to hear about that rubberbanding issue in Overwatch. I hope I can help get this back to working for you smoothly again@ We’ll start with some things I see in the current information you got us, but it may take a few attempts to hone in on the exact cause, but everything we test does get us one step closer so don’t lose hope.

Based on your files and what is happening, the most likely cause for these disconnects would be wireless interference. I would highly recommend checking a direct wired connection as a test, as this can help confirm if this disconnect only happens while on that wireless signal. Optimizing Your Internet Connection - Blizzard Support We have some information in our connection troubleshooting FAQ on the forums for why even as a temporary test trying wired can be helpful here: Common Technical Issues and Solutions - #24 by Drakuloth Why do I need to swap to Ethernet when my WiFi works for other things?’

For Overwatch, we also have some ingame tools and graphs available that can show some connection info on the server you are currently connected to (since there are quite a number of them) Diagnosing Overwatch Network Problems - Blizzard Support
Hopefully that helped, but just in case, let’s gather a bit more information after those changes if the problem continues.

Let’s also take a more detailed look at the path to Blizzard with a more detailed tool. WinMTR functions a lot like Pathping, but it functions a little differently on the back-end and often gives more useful data about things like lost data or latency spikes. Please include the results in your reply so we can dive in together. Running WinMTR - Blizzard Support

So far, we’ve been making educated guesses based on your symptoms and previous files. If the problem is still going on, it would help us look further to see what and how your computer is running after everything we’ve already mentioned. A fresh set of system files from your computer after the changes we’ve tried will help us identify any known software conflicts, show us potential driver issues, and include any new error logs that may help us get to the bottom of things. We’ve got a page up about how to gather these files at Obtaining System Files - Blizzard Support - simply follow the instructions and attach the newly updated files to your reply

If one of these steps did fix your issue however, it can be quite helpful to let us know what specific step helped. If you can let us know by checking your ticket status on the Blizzard Support website and let us know what the final step that fixed the trouble was this will really help us out in the future with helping others! The more information we have on different problems and their specific solutions the better equipped we are to help!

We’re saying that our internet connection is perfectly fine, but we’re experiencing packet loss and latency spikes regardless.

Therefore it’s not an internet connection issue, it’s a server connection issue.

2 Likes

I‘ve been having this constant rubber banding too since launch day. Here is the WinMTR test result
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 613 | 613 | 1 | 2 | 6 | 3 |

| No response from host - 100 | 124 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| 10.60.230.249 - 0 | 613 | 613 | 37 | 76 | 214 | 68 |

| 172.25.181.3 - 0 | 613 | 613 | 36 | 64 | 546 | 49 |

| 192.168.255.8 - 0 | 613 | 613 | 38 | 71 | 309 | 55 |

| 27.86.109.198 - 1 | 606 | 604 | 36 | 67 | 400 | 48 |

| 27.86.109.193 - 0 | 613 | 613 | 38 | 61 | 434 | 59 |

| 175.129.8.61 - 0 | 613 | 613 | 37 | 71 | 563 | 55 |

| 27.85.225.29 - 0 | 613 | 613 | 47 | 96 | 311 | 52 |

| 27.86.47.210 - 0 | 613 | 613 | 44 | 69 | 515 | 48 |

| 72.14.202.237 - 0 | 613 | 613 | 44 | 68 | 466 | 85 |

|____________|||||||

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Not sure if we are all suffering from the same cause but hope it can help trouble shooting

1 Like

This is my problem. Playing on PS5 and everyone is DBZ teleporting. It’s even happening in the practice range. It makes the game unplayable for me.

1 Like

You and everyone else here seems to have packet loss with their isps. At least you understand this and know how to run WinMTR.

I had a few ‘No response from host’ come up too, so I hope my response to the ticket, with my attached results, will prompt them to look into it further and fix it.

1 Like

This issue annoys me very much and I started to hate playing the game because of it. I wish if there is at least a temporary solution…

3 Likes

This is becoming a real pain. Latency is super low, no spikes, does not appear to be a problem on my end or ISP, but other characters appear to be rubber banding around.

It’s not constant, but sporadic. Never had the problem with OW1.

4 Likes

I got some minimal rubberbanding last week, but today, after not playing for awhile, it started up again and became nigh unplayable. Allies and enemies zoom around super fast all over the map sporadically. Going to try again a little later but keeping my hopes low. :frowning:

2 Likes

So this is totally on the providers? :smiling_face_with_tear: Is there anything Blizzard can do in general?

2 Likes

This is exactly what I’m talking about, which is also why I think it’s not a problem on our end.

2 Likes

I just wanna say that after I tried blocking some servers and connecting to other servers, the issue is gone. Hence, I firmly believe that there is a problem with the current OW servers. It is NOT client-side issue.

5 Likes

Right. It’s not a server side issue.

The issue lies with the client and their ISP. Their ISP pays for the bridges that connect them to the OverWatch servers.

If you use a VPN it will use different connections.

When you connect to the server you bounce between about 13 different people. If any of those 13 people are lagging you will also lag. Thus it is Client and their ISP.

https://www.pingplotter.com/legacy-manual/interpretgraphsisp.html

Why was that? Any other game just works perfectly.

2 Likes

Because other games rely on network predictions and on a competitive game, that’s really bad.