Rtx 2080 amazing build with low fps and fps drops often

Hello i am experiencing this issue in overwatch. i have a
rtx 2080
i9-9900k@ 3.6 ghz
32 gb raM
for software, i have Nvidia GeForce experience installed as well as razyer synapse for my hardware

When i first built my rig i was able to get up to 300 Fps at ultra setting but over the course of the year since i built it. im locked at 1 44 and get terrible FPS on medium settings. i also have a problem in game sometimes it says that overwatch doesnt support my gpu. any help would be great. im willing to answer questions or do diagnosis or whatever is needed to fix this problem.

1 Like

Try disabling HPET.
Device Manager> Look for the High Precision Event Timer(HPET)> Disable it.

Hi, I’m a volunteer here on the forum. Just to set some expectations: Blizzard doesn’t consider high fps a technical support issue (like crashing or connection issues). Because of that, you may not receive official support in this topic. However, I’m willing to look over a diagnostic report to see if we can spot any glaring issues.

Can you add a DxDiag here?

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

While you wait for assistance, I suggest checking out this pinned thread:

And also opening the Windows Reliability History tool, which will likely show you what’s happening in the background to cause any errors.

here is my number paste bin for the diagnosis. ya it says 144 but i get frame drops every team fight it feels .

/fi41e86m

Your SSD is a bit low on space, you want to keep 12-15% (~123GB) of it free to perform correctly. This can affect game performance.

Fault bucket LKD_0x142_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys_Unknown, type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 55149ab1-5bc8-465e-a7de-414244cea90b

Problem signature:
P1: 142

This is a video timeout error, where Windows decides that your GPU is taking too long to respond.

Driver Date/Size: 3/16/2020 8:00:00 PM, 964712 bytes

Microsoft recommends that you remove all GPU drivers if you experience this error with Display Driver Uninstaller, and then reinstall them. Since you’re on the drivers from March, which have a known bug in them, I highly recommend doing this step.

If you continue to experience issues, you may want to adjust or remove the following apps reporting errors:

GameBar

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay_5.120.4062.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Corsair peripheral software

Problem signature:
P1: CorsairLink4.Service.exe

Problem signature:
P1: Corsair.Service.exe

Razer Synapse (no error, but there is a known issue mentioned here)

Device Name: Razer Mouse Dock
Device Name: Razer Viper Ultimate
Device Name: Razer Huntsman Elite

If you exhaust everything I’ve mentioned here, please do check your Windows Reliability History for errors. You can look them up on Google or Microsoft’s own database.

i followed most of the steps. would just updating my driver to the newest update help?

It is the second thing I mentioned :slight_smile:

so i did all of the steps didnt see any improvements. i did a little bit more diggind. and looks like i had v sync enabled in nividia control pannel. once i turned that off my game started running a million times better. Thank you for the help and quick responses. it is very much apreciated. i know as volunteer it must get tiring answering the same questions all day. :slightly_smiling_face:
\

2 Likes