RTX 2070 Performance

I recently built my first PC and I am still rather new to the world of PC gaming and want to make sure I am not encountering any performance errors. Most of my friends have told me that I should average around ~230-250 fps with my set up, however I usually only get around 180-140 fps on all low settings (1920x1080). Can any Overwatch players with RTX 2070’s let me know what kinda frames I should be getting?

Here is my setup:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 3.2ghz (4.1ghz max boost)
GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 (ARMOR 8G)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8 GB) DDR4 3000
Motherboard: MSI B 450 Tomahawk

You should get a lot more
My setup Ryzen 5 1600
Nividia 960
DDR 4 3200

Around 160FPS

Update mainborard driver, update every driver.
Riva tuner (software free) can help you maintain a stable framerate

Hope this thread will help

2 Likes

Like the other person said, make sure all your drivers are updated. Other than that, make sure your resolution scaling isn’t on Auto. Sometimes I set it to 100% but log on to find it on Auto at 140% which explains my FPS drops.

Aside from that, try contacting their support team and see if it’s a problem with the game.

2 Likes

I have an RX 580 and get 300 in ffas and around 260 in normal games. You should be getting more.

2 Likes

what screen do you have?

my monitor is the acer xf250q cbmiiprx 24.5, 240hz, 1ms

Your frames are going to be entirely on your settings. I have a

CPU: i7 6700k 4.3 Ghz
GPU: Geforce GTX 1070
Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3200 Ram

And I get near 300 frames at mostly low settings and 75% render scale on a 1440p monitor.

If you’re not getting really high frames then something may be wrong with your drivers or one of the settings you have ticked off. You’re on a lower resolution and have a better graphics card than me so you should be doing much better. Overwatch is also very cpu hungry and I don’t know much about AMD but I’m pretty sure Ryzen is supposed to be an i7 equivalent.

1 Like

MB: ASUS Maximus Hero XI
CPU: i9
Ram: 2 x G-Skill RGB of some sort

Card is the Gigabyte RTX 2070 stock and run off a Samsung SSD

about 110FPS+ on maxed setting 1440

2 Likes

You should definitely be getting more, considering I’m running at about 120-160 at 1080p with a 2080 on High Settings.

I would consider some of the suggestions mentioned in the thread.

Current Rig:
MB: ASUS X99-A II
CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5 GHz
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)

And by chance you are playing in Borderless windowed?

Sometimes when i use Borderless it’s capping my framerate to 130~150 fps,
then i change to Fullscreen and the capping is gone, on low setting and 75% render scale i get 300+ on Practice Range.

When i set the render scale to 100%(low settings) it was between 240~300 fps on Practice Range.
CPU: Ryzen R5 2600x, GPU: RTX 2060

Exactly 1 class below your system.

So:
Are you plaing on Borderless windowed?
When you set your settings at low, what is your render scale?
And from where do look for the fps? go to Practice Range or from actual gameplay fps?

No your hardware is so old, it literally is not utilizing all of the graphical technology used by Overwatch… That’s why your framerate is so good.

https:// youtu.be/9vPgsTldoI0?t=19

You can literally see the graphical difference between your RX 580 vs a 1060.

welp… works 4 me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And that’s all that matters. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The RX580 is 2 years old, only 6 months older than a GTX1060 (6GB version in the video). It is actually newer than the normal 1060. Overwatch uses D3D11 for the rendering engine, and both GPUs support the full feature set of D3D11. You have no clue what you’re talking about.

3 Likes

check your ram speed is as accurate. they ship it lower than advertised. you can set it in the bios. also make sure your widows has plenty of v ram avaliable.

1 Like

It seems the RX580 is even newer than the 1060 6GB.
GeForce 10 series
AMD Radeon 500 series

The 400 series i think was about 6 month older.

Check CPU temperature. When I built my first PC I didn’t even think about it because I was so new to the idea but if your CPU is running at a high temp then it’ll throttle itself to avoid damage.

If temp is fine then check RAM speed, you usually have to increase it in the BIOS to get the advertised speed.

My mistake, you are correct. I think I was confusing it with the GTX 580.

:frowning:

1 Like

What is your hardware utilization?

I get 180-220 fps (Ryzen 1600, 1070 Ti, 16GB @3200MHz , low/medium settings) but none of my hardware is running at peak load, CPU only 35-40%, no core peaks above 80%, GPU 70-80%. I actually don’t know how to push more frames even though my system does have more power. Though sometimes the game will push the GPU more, for example during character selection, it makes the condensers of my GPU ring (they do at 90+% core load) but when the game starts GPU load drops back to 70-80% max.

I can only imagine that somewhere in my system some bus or interface doesn’t have enough bandwidth to push the other hardware more.

The 1060 is older, but there is a newer 6GB version of it that was released later (I presumed this was the one being reviewed)